Toll Road

Post by Civic01Vic
It seems the "Toll Road" option is now available in the map editor. Exciting!

Would it be a good idea to start marking Toll Roads as one or should we wait off until we're sure that this won't mess around navigation, etc?
Civic01Vic

POSTER_ID:7519955

Send a message

Post by Civic01Vic
I've seen this being discussed in foreign forums, not in English, nothing yet being discussed for Australian roads, so I thought I'd raise it here before making any changes. Thanks for the notice.
Civic01Vic
Send a message

Post by Civic01Vic
I believe it would be fair to mark it from the point where the driver can no longer exit to avoid the toll. You don't want them to navigate to a non-tolled section only to realise that they cannot escape the toll! :D
Civic01Vic
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
You're a bit late. Search the forums and you'll find a thread where there is a list of states and a list of toll roads that have been marked. Check in there before you do anything.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Oh sorry. I forgot that I can't filter out the foreign country forums in tapatalk. Didn't realize this is Australia.

Carry on.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by KevinYank
According to today’s community newsletter, toll road avoidance is now live in Australia. I’ve just checked on my iPhone and indeed the option to avoid toll roads (under Settings > Navigation) is now there!
KevinYank
Send a message

Post by lakeyboy
I've done some inspecting and this is where Aussie toll roads currently stand in Waze:

NSW
  • Sydney Harbour Tunnel DONE
  • Eastern Distributor DONE
  • Sydney Harbour Bridge DONE
  • Lane Cove Tunnel DONE
  • Hills Motorway DONE
  • South Western Motorway PARTIALLY DONE (Some tolled on/off ramps yet to be tagged)
  • Westlink DONE
  • Cross City Tunnel DONE
  • Cammeray (Falcon Street) Ramps DONE
VIC
  • CityLink DONE
  • EastLink DONE
QLD
  • Gateway Motorway DONE
  • Logan Motorway OVERLY DONE (Sections of freeway which aren't tolled are tagged as tolled.)
  • Clem Jones Tunnel DONE
  • Go Between Bridge DONE
So we're pretty much done. I can't fix the NSW and QLD roads so hopefully someone else can. Also, I'm gonna now post in the official toll road thread that Australia is good to go for toll free routing!
lakeyboy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Proud Melburnian and Victorian Area Manager.
Map edits: 367,000+ | Distance travelled: 211,000km+ | Reports made: 5800+
Join in more Australian Waze discussion on Discord!: https://discordapp.com/channels/446249570423406605

Post by thefatveganchef
Civic01Vic wrote:I believe it would be fair to mark it from the point where the driver can no longer exit to avoid the toll. You don't want them to navigate to a non-tolled section only to realise that they cannot escape the toll! :D
We haven't gotten anything official from Waze on how the feature actually works. We have come to a consensus to only mark the first segment of the road where you can not exit any more and every segment from an entrance ramp then on (unless coming from a rest stop), or if it is on a road where it is in a neighborhood and is not a split highway to split off a segment on top of the booth, mark both those segments one way and mark the one with the toll as a toll.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by tobian
I've already marked a number in Sydney.

Remember to mark the sections that are tolled, rather than entire roads though.
tobian
Send a message