Post by Traveling_Gav
age4670 wrote:at this present point in time Route Speeds is telling me Coro Dr and through Indooroopilly (29:08 with 23.67km) is the same as or quicker than via the Western Fwy
Even if that is correct I would expect that the provided non-toll route with tolls ON and the top route with tolls OFF would be the same but they arent...?
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Traveling_Gav
ituajr wrote: I find this disturbing. I can't think of a plausible reason why Waze should change the non-toll routes if you allow a tolled route. I think it needs further investigation. Can you provide a live map link for the route you've described?
I’m away with work until tomorrow but I’ll have a look when I start to drive home as this is when I have seen it. I’ll take some screen caps if this happens.
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Traveling_Gav
Didn't see the toll vs non-toll route variation but drove from Clayfield to Kenmore and Waze initially said it would be 28mins and this blew out by 4 mins even though I did 90kmh all the way down the Western Freeway and the light was green at the exit (when there is normally a wait). Also still not routing down Frodsham St (that saved a minute!)
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Traveling_Gav
ituajr wrote:Can you provide a live map link for the route you've described?
Righto here are two screen caps showing the tolls ON second option is actually the non-toll second option (Should be the first option - yes?).

Here is the live map route that would have been pretty close to where I started the nav. https://www.waze.com/livemap?to=ll.-27. ... 3.02969098

The live map is showing the same as the app as I type this (ie. via Coro Drive). Doesn't look like I can search for only non-toll routes on the Live Map.
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Traveling_Gav
Im wondering if it is related to the bias I think I am seeing towards higher category roads for even short trips as per the Frodsham St vs Sandgate Rd routing.

If I understand what you are saying I think it is the reverse. In the toll on route Coro drive is selected as the non toll option and it is not near the exit of the Legacy Way?
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Traveling_Gav
I think the Frodsham St example shows it. I have been driving that way for years and now it won’t route down Frodsham St in my experience. The route speed checker when I tried it showed Frodsham St to be 1min faster. When I drive and turn down Frodsham St I see the ETA improve by 1min when it recalculates.

The difficult thing with the nontolled vs tolled routes is that I don’t think I see it happen every time? Although right now using my iPad it seems that it is....
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Traveling_Gav
That would be a reasonable part of the algorithm....

On another note I am now seeing the non-toll route being route #1 when I have tolls turned on. Is this Waze knowing that I prefer the non-toll route or is something else weird going on?
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Traveling_Gav
Should we take this up in the global nav and routing forum?
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Traveling_Gav
I think the guy doing our toll pricing is aware of that and just put in a single small segment at the start...
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message