Hi Andrew!
F1r3foxx
Send a message

Post by F1r3foxx
Weclome KT!
F1r3foxx
Send a message

Post by F1r3foxx
svict4 wrote:Hi folks! I'm svict4 and have been living in Canberra for the past year or so, previously lived out west of Brisbane for a long time.

I was a Google Map Maker regional lead for Australia having made thousands of edits, mainly to pathways between streets in suburban areas, roads in small cities, and buildings outlines (before Google automagically added them)... until they sadly shut down :shock: :cry:

Came to the forums for an unlock request (level 1 is super restrictive!) and I see that there aren't many from the ACT around here (except the influx in last two pages of this thread [emoji38] )

Nice to meet you all :)
Welcome svict4!
Being overrun by Canberrans at the moment!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
F1r3foxx
Send a message

Post by F1r3foxx
Welcome Goldie!
F1r3foxx
Send a message

Post by F1r3foxx
LostInMyMaps wrote:Hi all! My name is Brendan, I've been around for two weeks now and I'm having so much fun! I used to do a lot of mapping on Google Maps (level 7) but I was getting frustrated with a few things over there.

I found Waze at about 1am in the morning. I immediately got out of bed and went for a drive so I could test it out. I was so hooked on map edits that I was up until 3am playing. Unfortunately, I had work at 6am and had to go to bed. Since then, Waze is one of the first things I open on my computer!

I have a background in IT, working as a systems administrator for 11 years, so I pick up new systems pretty quickly. But I've decided to try a new career path in Health, and I'm currently completing a Bachelor in Nursing in Wollongong.

Looking forward to working with everyone!

EDIT: I'm going to try and be active in both the WME chat, but also Discord (https://discord.gg/gYrKqee) if people want to interact, provide feedback, etc. Thanks.
Welcome Brendan!
F1r3foxx
Send a message

Post by F1r3foxx
Welcome, Newbies!! :D
F1r3foxx
Send a message

Post by F1r3foxx
Welcome!
F1r3foxx
Send a message

Post by F1r3foxx
Welcome!
F1r3foxx
Send a message

Post by FarRider130
Hi

Have been using Waze for a couple of years now and long time lurker in the forums as well. Have been editing when I can for a while now.

Have to say that Waze is probably the only app that I use on a daily basis.

I live on the Northern Beaches of Sydney but do quite a lot of long distance travelling in country areas, so hopefully I will be able to make some worthwhile contributions that will improve the map in that regard.

Regards

John
FarRider130
Send a message
Regards

John

Post by FarRider130
F1r3foxx wrote:What do you ride?
K1600GT for the last couple of years.
FarRider130
Send a message
Regards