Post by ispyisail
Welcome
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by jberkers42
Hi,

My name is John. I am an IT Security Engineer.

Waze was recommended to my by all the Gett drivers in Israel when I went over for training a couple of months ago. Finally installed it on my phone last week, and then found that it had a map editor as well.

I've been adding speed limits and parks local to where I live, as well as making adjustments to local features to improve accuracy. Still finding my way around the editor.

I have previously contributed to OpenStreetMap, so am familiar with the requirement to not copy features from other maps. I find the biggest difference is the level of detail between the two. OSM is about mapping every little detail for all possible map uses, while Waze is about efficiently getting from Point A to Point B, and having the right level of detail to achieve that.

I occasionally travel, but spend most of my time between the South Eastern suburbs and the CBD.

Anyway, love the app so far, as well as the ability to fix things when I see they need fixing.
jberkers42
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/c3s.png
70,000 Km Driven with Waze
33 Km Paved

Post by jberkers42
Hi Vh0xus,

Welcome from me also. I am an IT Security guy, based in Melbourne. I have also contributed to OSM, and still do. The two maps serve quite different purposes.

Feel free to reach out to the community if you need any help. And like with OSM, the wiki provides lots of guidance on how to map for Waze.

Regards,

JohnB
jberkers42
Send a message
33 Km Paved

Post by jberkers42
Hey John,

Welcome aboard.

Regards,

JohnB
jberkers42
Send a message
33 Km Paved

Post by jeedo
Hi my real name's Gede (pronounced geh-deh - almost like g'day).

By day I work as a release manager in IT.

I've been only on waze for the last 3 months but the things I'm interested in are in no particular order:
  • coordination of mapping of petrol stations
  • community building - how to get more map editors and get them talking
  • map edits of any sort - URs, missing roads, fixing junctions
  • how to coordinate efforts to map Victoria
jeedo
Send a message

Post by jigloo
Hi!

I've been using Waze while driving for awhile now, but recently decided it'd be good to help out with map editing too :) I do a bit of driving around SEQ so hoping to help out there!

J
jigloo
Send a message
jigloo
noob

Post by JohnsanGeezo
Hey I'm John - new to Waze this week and loving it so far - it's really clever. Loving being able to help out with the mapping too. I'm in the southern suburbs of Perth. Hoping I can help with edits wherever possible!
JohnsanGeezo
Send a message

Post by jusuchin85
Hi all!

Justin here. Been using Waze since 2011 (when Google Maps's navigation was subpar in Malaysia). I've been using Waze mainly in Malaysia, but am thinking of getting my license and car for the Australian roads.

On the off chance, I'll turn on Waze to report any events or fuel price changes in Asquith, NSW.

Happy to meet y'all!  :D

jusuchin85
Send a message

Post by kambingtinggi
Hi everyone,

I am currently living overseas but I will be moving to Canberra towards the end of this year.

I have been using Waze for many years but only recently started editing around Jordan and other places I've visited since May 2017.

At the moment I am CM for Jordan and have been working on some URs in Canberra and SE Queensland where I have travelled in the last couple of months.

Cheers

KT
kambingtinggi
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by kambingtinggi
Thanks everyone. I was in Canberra over Christmas so I have editing permissions for most of the city.
kambingtinggi
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message