Post by quiettype
I found the forum for unlock requests and work it through there.
quiettype
Send a message

Post by quop
Hi all,

A fellow Wazer suggested I come here to introduce myself, so here I am. Name's Winston, in my 30s, currently working as a business analyst in federal government. I live and work in Brisbane's southside near the Asian hub of Sunnybank, and church in St Lucia/near UQ, so these are my most frequented and familiar areas.

I am fresh on the Waze scene, checking it out when I read about Google's recent acquisition of it. I use Google Maps/navigation a lot when driving, but am really liking the concept of Waze, so have been running the app during my daily drives. I also started dabbling in some map edits - so much to read and learn! (but I appreciate the existence of things like wikis and styleguides etc.) No missions/goals etc because tbh I'm not sure how involved I'll be once the initial novelty wears off, but I'll make my 2c contributions where I can :)
quop
Send a message

Post by rbrdly
Hi all.

Allow myself, to introduce ... myself

I am offically/unoffically "Lord of the Punks" to some (on Discord) - and Ryan to the rest.
If you join Discord, you shall be my Punk - and bow your bobbly head before me!
That's just the way it is.

I'm 41 and have enough going on in my life that editing is a nice gap filler when I want to ... relax?
I don't see myself ever being an 'hours a day' editor - or heavily 'invested'.

I'll do what I can, learn as much as I can, and maybe one day, will be the lowest edit count 'veteran' around :)

See you around the maps!
rbrdly
Send a message

Post by rbrdly
Did I say "Simon says be humbled"?
rbrdly
Send a message

Post by rbrdly
Good to have you aboard and jumping straight into it Osaka78
rbrdly
Send a message

Post by realMatro
Hey all!
Jumping on the chain of introductions!
Local to Melbourne here, enjoying spending some times doing some edits in my spare time
realMatro
Send a message

Post by rmwb
Hi All!

Ross from Armidale, NSW, reporting in.
CISSP, Web Editor for decades, WordPress admin, Aquarist, Motorkhana enthusiast & lover of driving.
Been a Wazer for a while (would love a sticker for my Subaru) but just started editing when I found a few streets that didn't exist and got some bad directions.
I'd love to see more fuel pricing available in regional areas, can't that be automated now?

Cheers,
@rmwb

P.S. apologies if anyone saw 3 copies of this post, I kept getting '500 Internal Server Error' pages and re-posting assuming an error meant it didn't work.
rmwb
Send a message

Post by rowancoe
Hi all,

I'm Rowan and I live on the North side of Brisbane. I registered with Waze a year or so ago, but have just started to get into it. I've particularly enjoyed cleaning up the streets around my house. It's kind of addictive!

Cheers
rowancoe
Send a message

Post by rustogilly
G'day all,

I d/L maze today and am looking forward to using it. I'm a bus driver for Sydney buses.
rustogilly
Send a message

Post by Sanehwal
Hi all,

My name is Pushapwant.  I have been using Waze for many years now, may be I was one of the early adopters. I have used Wase mostly in NSW, Australia, northern states of India and some parts of the UK (maybe). 

You can lookup my details at www.linkedin.com/in/pushapwant

I had been thinking of getting into editing the maps for some time but whenever I tried there is a restriction on requiring level 3 etc. 

So here I am seeking community help for me to learn and climb the ledder with you guys to contribute fully for the community benefit. 

Regards
Pushapwant

Sanehwal
Send a message