Post by samondelwing
GarvinGray wrote:I have just read through this thread and seen the history from 2013. Now to give some thoughts of an editor from Brisbane who has been editing for just under 2 years, but has dealt with the locking situation since the start.

Firstly, I find it interesting that this thread seems to have died in 2013. Nobody kept up with it and monitored the effects of the changes over time. New editors did not report in their experiences with locking procedures, or the changes to the locking system.

Now to myself, I read the thread and thought it was going to be exciting at the start, mentioning about how to upgrade levels as an editor, move through the system, become more experienced etc. But then the thread fell flat when the reality sunk in that the discussion stopped in 2013 and my own experiences and what I know now has taken over.

It is waze policy that an editor requires 25,000 edits to get to level 3 rank, which then means they can then edit state routes and other such privileges as listed on the first page. But what I have noticed from reading this thread, is that there is a wide variance on how many 'roads' are locked, how strictly places are locked and how active higher level editors are for when a lower level editor requests an unlock in the forum.

I believe the 25,000 edit limit is ridiculously high for Australia. I have been fortunate that I have been granted Queensland Area Manager status, so I can edit throughout the whole of Queensland, but still this does not mean I can edit any roads that are locked to level 3 or above, no matter where they are in the state.

Coaching- From my experience, coaching has been on an informal basis, certainly nothing like the formal type basis that was listed in these posts in 2013. So as far as I am concerned, this service delivery area has been a massive fail.
I have received quite a lot of informal coaching from different higher ranking editors and I am thankful for this, but the purpose of this thread was discussion of rank and formalised coaching and assigning of responsibilities.

I am just over 10,000 edits after all this time and still have another 15,000 to go to reach 25,000. I have to admit that I regular contemplate giving waze editing away as I do not see reaching level 3 editor rank as an achievable goal with the current restrictions and policies in place by Waze HQ and affiliated bodies.
Yeah, the edits required are totally ridiculous for those of us that live in well-mapped areas and just want to make a few improvements. I don't want to go around requesting access all the time, and I bet you don't want me doing that either. As a level one I'll have to grind away at minor roads and parking roads, but only those that come off level one roads. So many slightly important roads are level two it's ridiculously hard to find somewhere I can edit just so I can get rank and fix the problems that really affect me.
samondelwing
Send a message

Post by theclem54
I tend to agree with the proposal, as long as I don't have to coach anyone, I'm no good at telling someone what they did wrong.
theclem54
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by touring21
Hi all I have been active in trying to put in a lot of connecting roads in the outback (SA and NT). These roads may seldom be wazed or paved so i am trying to get AM for a segment at a time to put those roads in. We have a VERY big country with few wazers as yet so this process is very hard for me. People may start using waze and then give up because a lot of connecting roads are missing or their local roads are not there or even their town called "Wail" (real name) does not appear on the map. I know enough to put all these roads in and their turns but its very hard to achieve.
I have 107K points in 8 weeks from editing and have added nearly 500 petrol stations. I thought I would add these comments and my experience to show maybe Australia is a bit different to other countries and whether my short experience may bring up some points to enhance the discussion. I am level 3 editor and would like to be level 4 or 5 maybe to allow me to enhance the map and the vast distances more easily. 28K map edits already lol
touring21
Send a message
835K Rank 12 in Oz 148k map edits & top weekly points in Oz 072013, 082015x3 Added 2000 stations.Caltex, BP, 7-Eleven, United in Oz completed. Regional Champs NSW Helped reach 75% servos mapped in Oz, 3 Mega Map Raid, 82.3K traveled rank 837 in world
[img]https:///AvrXT[/img] [img]https:///MnAzv[/img]

Post by Traveling_Gav
Well the wiki says contact support but since that didn't work how about pm'ing glomp?
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Traveling_Gav
Just over a year later and Garvin is at level 3 so it may look daunting but the system generally works. If you want you can apply for a area in outback anywhere and help out in those areas.
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message