From now on Australia joins the ranks of self managed countries.
So any requests for becoming an AM or adding some more area for existing AMs don't go via Waze but the local CMs.
Anyone who uses Waze can edit the Waze map. An Area Manager is an editor who has chosen to take on responsibility for maintaining a specific area of the map. Duties of an Area Manager include but are not limited to:
- Being thoroughly familiar with the Australian Editing Best Practice Guide in the Wiki
- Proactively improving the map in their area: naming roads, correcting geometry, setting turns correctly etc
- Making necessary changes when road layouts are altered.
- Dealing with roadworks: making any changes required to keep routing working correctly and monitoring the situation
- Responding to and acting upon Update Requests and Map Problems
- Approving/deleting traffic enforcement cameras as reported by users
- Acting as a mentor to other editors, offering advice & support through the forums & PMs
- Regularly visiting the forums so you can remain aware of the current best practices for editing the maps
When assessing an application to become an Area Manager, these are some of the things we will take into consideration:
- Experience: we would normally expect an an applicant to be at LEAST level 2 (1000 edits) and would prefer 3+ months of editing
- Quality of Edits: your edits should comply with best practices as laid out in the Wiki
- Participation in the Forums: much of the editing practices are developed by people like us - and YOU. Getting involved in the discussions on the forum demonstrates an interest in editing. It also shows the communication skills you will need when dealing with new editors in your Area.
For any requests please use this form.
Permalinks would be prefered to describe the area requested
So come on, join Team Australia!