Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Lost Edits

Post by Balwag
I have been going through this area...
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=150.79 ... 16&env=row
over the past week, and adding road names.
I know they were there and complete this afternoon, but now they are gone... Shift D shows that all the roads have no names.
Has anyone else noticed this?

It is most disheartening!
Balwag

POSTER_ID:16805884

Send a message

Post by Balwag
Something is definitely wrong. I have just checked where I have been and there are definately edits missing. New subdivisions, road naming, turn restrictions, anything in the area after around Feb 6. Edits elsewhere on the map appear to be OK. Anyone have any ideas?
Balwag
Send a message

Post by Balwag
Thankfully the last came back tonight! I found that if I changed the road geometry just a fraction, the street name, suburb, turn restrictions, and updated geometry which was lost, returned. There was always a few which would 'kick up', but gradually they came good, generally after a live update. Most of the problems stemmed from the nodes at the end of one way streets and roundabouts. Some new streets didn't come back but most of my edits were from geometry, naming and restrictions.
It is almost like we are working from 2 (or more) servers and they are not quite in sync with each other. A number of the edits came back after a live update, but some just appeared if I did a refresh!
Balwag
Send a message

Post by NorfolkMustard
Seeing this a lot recently, to the point it's causing me to edit less. I have edits made on 30th Jan still AWOL
NorfolkMustard
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Stu
Local Champ: United Kingdom wiki
iOS

Post by NorfolkMustard
Finally. Edits I made on 15th Feb and 30th Jan have only just reappeared (weren't there yesterday). Now I need to check none of the subsequent edit I/other editors may have done in the meantime haven't resulted in 2 or 3 overlapping roads etc.
NorfolkMustard
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Stu
Local Champ: United Kingdom wiki
iOS

Post by theclem54
The system they use baffles me in how they can lose and then find changes. But as long as most end up found eventually then all is good.
theclem54
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Traveling_Gav
I have had some vanish from Mackay. I have been told to wait for up to two weeks for them to hopefully return?!

Gav...
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message