Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

All editors request. Restricted Turns.

Post by Traveling_Gav
Hi editors,

The capital cities are pretty much 99% complete as far as road mapping goes and we are in the phase of maintenance and error fixing.

One of the biggest sources of error that I see at the moment are turns labelled as restricted when they shouldn't be. This is most likely as a result of the unfortunate default setting of all turns being restricted when a road is created.

So my request to all editors is to start looking around the map for these problems. They are actually pretty easy to find. If you zoom out to no higher than when the scale in the bottom right of the editor says 100m/500ft and then press SHIFT-Z all the disabled turns will be highlighted. If you see them in the middle of a bunch of suburban streets they are probably incorrect, in my experience so far I would say 95% are wrong.

The only reason there would be a restriction in the middle of a suburb is if there is some sort of physical barrier which you will be able to easily see if you use the streetview option or even if you press SHIFT-R and turns off the roads you will likely be able to see any barriers from the satellite view.

Be very careful of changing any restrictions off primary streets to ordinary streets these are usually correct. But again please have a good look at the street to street restrictions because these are usually wrong at this point in time.

Thanks for your help in improving the map.
Gav...

P.S. I have been finding some turns restricted were there is a single white line. You can cross these in QLD. http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/safety/queens ... ous_centre
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager

POSTER_ID:16860713

Send a message

Post by Balwag
It's also a good idea to do a Shift D to catch all those pesky streets with a suburb and no street name. I have found some whole areas which looked OK but ended up with absolutely no names on any streets.
Balwag
Send a message

Post by Burdo25
Great tip Gav. Has been really helpful in some area's I've been looking at the past few days.
Burdo25
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by touring21
Thanks Gav,
Just spent 3 hours filling in the streets of Coober Pedy so I had to laugh at your comment but the statement is correct. I encounter turn restriction errors all the time. Great tip about Shift z toggle its a great tool.

Never too old in waze to learn a new trick or two.
touring21
Send a message
835K Rank 12 in Oz 148k map edits & top weekly points in Oz 072013, 082015x3 Added 2000 stations.Caltex, BP, 7-Eleven, United in Oz completed. Regional Champs NSW Helped reach 75% servos mapped in Oz, 3 Mega Map Raid, 82.3K traveled rank 837 in world
[img]https:///AvrXT[/img] [img]https:///MnAzv[/img]