Coordinator: ottonomy & ARC: tonestertm | jemay
------------------------------------------------------------

Missing exits, overpasses, and rest areas

Post by tgfathergoose
I keep stumbling on URs along the interstates that state that the exit is missing, an overpass is missing, or even a rest area is not showing up. I've sent messages back saying that Waze represses some map features at highway speeds (I've even seen the interstate itself disappear), but that doesnt' stop the URs from being posted. I've fixed several of these at the same spots. I think I've fixed three at Exit 348 on I-70 westbound in Colorado, possibly because CR-134 was set to just a street. I haven't made it over to this part of Colorado yet to check the functional class. I've now set it as a Primary Street, so maybe it will display in the app.

For the rest areas I've looked at, the exits are there and in most cases they are places. What is the best label to use for those? I've seen them set at transportation, park, and a few others.

What's the best way to handle these URs, besides just telling them and closing the UR?
tgfathergoose
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:2486477

Send a message

Post by bgodette
tgfathergoose wrote:Thanks. What do we label rest areas?
When I've mapped them, I give the exit ramps "to I-## [NSEW] Rest Area MM ###", PLR inside, Place Area of Parking Lot named "I-## [NSEW] Rest Area MM ###", and a standard named on-ramp. This is assuming a stand-alone rest area that doesn't also double as a free/highway exit.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by dmcrandall
Well, as of Nov 7, 2014, someone(s) updated the wiki page on Rest Areas with a LOT of detailed information, including how to classify them, naming standards, etc.

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Rest_areas

Lots of neat info.
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
"This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok." -Matthew Quigley

US Country Manager (In between deliveries)

Post by irowiki
I did not think overpasses were mapped in Waze anyway?
irowiki
Send a message

Post by jemay
It is all based on speed and rendering. I have seen those types of URs all the time. So unfortunately we just keep sending out the same information.
One time I responded and they responded back saying, "O wow, when I zoomed in then I could see the overpass and rest areas. Thanks"
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon

Post by tgfathergoose
They aren't, but for some reason it's listed as one of the options for map error.
tgfathergoose
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by tgfathergoose
Thanks. What do we label rest areas?
tgfathergoose
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message