Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Coordinator: ottonomy & ARC: tonestertm | jemay
------------------------------------------------------------

Intent of new forum structure?

Post by vectorspace
Is the intent of the regional areas to have state forums within, like Utah and California? It would seem we should try to drive conversation to regions unless absolutely needed by state specifics.

For instance the "landmark" discussion in Utah could be regional, not just state specific. Do I need to request forums for each state?
vectorspace

POSTER_ID:4612247

Send a message
vectorspace

Post by AndyPoms
No, that is something that the Regional Coordinator will do if they determine it to be necessary (it's probably not needed for each state to have their own forum within their regional one).

The landmark discussion (overall) should be kept on a national level, as we are creating national standards. Specifics for tweaks should be discussed for each state.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by Daknife
And not to restart a dead fight, but those National discussions have been going on for months with nothing official getting posted to the Wiki. Until that time it most definitely is up to the states.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
As to the original question. I requested the Utah forum be started a few months ago when an active community of editors were keeping my PM box full of questions, requests and comments. So I started the forum to move those discussions there where all the editors could see what was being discussed.

Since then the PM traffic has diminished to almost nothing and very little activity in the Forums either.
So the current usage of the Utah forum doesn't really warrant it's existence but I remain hopeful that people will start using it more. And I really think it would be to the benefit of each state to have it's own forum. Some will of course get used more than others.
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
Where is that list? I haven't seen such a list. But then I'm only a CM and not a Champ.
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by jemay
Yes, the US Champs got the list.

I have not heard of any of the states sub-forum disappearing.
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon

Post by vectorspace
AndyPoms wrote:...The landmark discussion (overall) should be kept on a national level, as we are creating national standards. Specifics for tweaks should be discussed for each state.
I'd modify that by saying that a landmark discussion could be handled first in a national level, then a regional area if it applied at that level, or if really necessary, a state level. It ought to be kept as high-level as possible.
vectorspace
Send a message
vectorspace

Post by vectorspace
daknife wrote:As to the original question. ...
So the current usage of the Utah forum doesn't really warrant it's existence but I remain hopeful that people will start using it more. And I really think it would be to the benefit of each state to have it's own forum. Some will of course get used more than others.
I think you should keep the Utah forum and recruit participation in your state. Yonatan sent out the list of AMs in each state... You could PM them and get them to participate. I don't have many in NM. We could also do that for the whole SW forum if Jesse thinks it useful. I think it makes sense to raise awareness since everyone is busy...
vectorspace
Send a message
vectorspace