Coordinator: ottonomy & ARC: tonestertm | jemay
------------------------------------------------------------

Post by kentsmith9
Chris_CA wrote:I am updating central east & SE Colorado with SH-XX & CR-XX
Chris_CA, your plan appears contrary to the current Wiki guidelines for CO of SR-XXX and CR-XXX. Do you have a typo?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by mrpete
Yikes. I've been away too long (Real Life intervened)...

I am beginning to ramp up again.

I live in rural Colorado and travel to all kinds of crazy places, including where there's no Internet so Waze loses track of where I've been :(
mrpete
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Colorado

Post by Panther37
I manage in CO Springs. Let me know if there is anything that needs to be done. Right now I'm working on Cape Cod, MA; it's a mess.
Panther37
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Panther37
irowiki wrote:Just so I'm sure, Co Rd 250 becomes CR-250?
If Co = County, then yes
If Co = Colorado, then no, it should be SR-250 (State Road)
Panther37
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Panther37
Dirt Roads,can we just add "[Dirt]" to the end of them until Waze adds dirt roads as a separate option?
Panther37
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by taco909
tonestertm wrote:Not so sure hearing "State Highway" is quite the same, anyway....
Yup.

I erased "Highway 39" from my memory when the drive-in was torn down.

A lot of good memories were erased by that shopping center. Must have seen the Blues Brothers/Cheech & Chong's Next Movie 40 times in that old Buick.
taco909  
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
DwarfLord wrote:Now this piques my interest as to why everybody who lives in California calls them highways while the DOT calls them routes? I have heard of theories that the brains of several government officials have been invaded by reptilian extraterrestrials. This could explain a great deal :lol:

In the meantime if the rept -- I mean, the DOT won't call them Highways then it doesn't matter much to me what they do call them. And you're right, "State Highway" is not quite right anyway, though it's a lot closer. Oh well!
"Highway" was generally a term reserved for non-freeway for the most part.
SR-60 was always "The Pomona Freeway"... likewise 91 was never referred to as "Highway" in my memory. It was always "The Riverside Freeway." Likewise for the Interstates, though some time in the late 70s/80s the names were dropped in favor of the much-maligned California term, "The ###" though "Golden State Freeway" and "Santa Ana Freeway" still appear on maps. "San Diego Freeway" always got me, because it applied to I-405, which is simply a western loop off of I-5 that bypasses Los Angeles and runs through the coastal cities.... rejoining I-5 well north of the San Diego County line.

Nobody used "State Route"... For the most part, it was the local name like "Euclid" (83), "Imperial" (90)... the ONE exception for some reason was Beach Blvd, which was referred to as "Highway 39" at least as far as Whittier Blvd (Still designated SR-72 BTW for a short segment).
The interesting one was always SR-71. Currently named "The Chino Valley Freeway" (to make AZ residents feel at home?) formerly "The Corona Expressway," but at the time the road was 100% at-grade with signals the full length connecting the 210/10/57 interchange to SR-91. In the mid-90s, it was built into a full freeway from SR-60 to SR-91, and at that point, we stopped referring to it as "The Corona Deathway" (every foggy morning there would be a fatality at Euclid, Pine, Central, Chino Hills, Pipeline, Grand, or Chino.)

And out in the desert, "Highway 111" or "111" seemed to trump "Palm Canyon"
taco909  
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
jemay wrote: CO - SR-###
HI - State Hwy ###
NV - SR-###

We seem to be aligned, except the islands...
At least there's no concerns about consistency at junctions until they finish that bridge :lol:
taco909  
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by tgfathergoose
I have no problem with the shorter names. Right now I've been cleaning up some areas in southern New Mexico and west Texas (and a couple other areas) where I forgot to clean up the dastardly red arrows after changing unknown directions to two way.

Even though I live in Colorado now, I've still been cleaning up in southern New Mexico and west Texas, the areas where I was first AM. That said, I have looked some in Colorado, you're right -- the Denver area is pretty well set, but other areas need work. Missing neighborhoods, incomplete mountain roads, and a few towns that don't have their streets set as two way. I've been working that when I get bored with the desert southwest.
tgfathergoose
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message