Road naming convention for whole SW region?

Coordinator: ottonomy & ARC: tonestertm
------------------------------------------------------------

Moderators: delilush, tonestertm, ottonomy

Re: Road naming convention for whole SW region?

Postby bgodette » Wed May 29, 2013 3:33 pm

TruckOttr wrote:
jemay wrote:Well, CA,NV,UT,AZ, and NM have the shorter standards adopted, but I don't remember anybody asking CO... And I can not forget HI, nobody has questioned for them.

I don't know of any local editors for CO. The CO forum has been empty. Doing a search on the forums there hasn't been any update requests, unlock requests or even messages referencing the Denver area or CO that I can find.

Looking at the map, it appears that bgodette(6) made a pass thru Denver in the summer of 2012. There's been no real editing since then except the occasional rogue Level 1.
Mostly because Denver has been "done" since spring 2012. Any edits inside the metro are keeping up with construction and parking lots. Boulder is also "done" inside its city limits. Longmont is mostly done except around its edges. Johnstown/Milliken is done.

Gunbarrel, Niwot, Lafayette, Louisville, Erie all need work. Estes Park and Lyons are only done in the areas surrounding the US highways. Loveland, Ft Collins, Greeley has mostly been worked on by the locals, but looks a mess. Castle Pines has a local, and looks mostly OK.

Everything south of Castle Pines basically needs a lot of work and the locals have been doing some bizarre work.

Grand Junction, Silt, Rifle, No Name, Delta, Hotchkiss, and Paonia were victims of vandalism and are basically 90-100% done and all segments locked at 5 and should remain locked at 5. Basically that means fix it if you're 5+ or PM jasonh300 or me.

Short names are a go, tho I wish Waze would make SH-XX say State Highway as we don't use State Route here. aubie1988 seems to be doing northern Colorado and eastern plains. troyv does maintenance over the same area I cover (Denver/Boulder/Longmont). Chris_CA seems to be in Colorado Springs. And of course tgfathergoose moved in somewhere near BAFB.

There's currently a mix between Functional and Simple (US=Major/SH=Minor). Functional is used outside of the mountains, with no numbered route dropping below Minor, and no un-numbered being promoted above Minor. Mountains/foothills are done with the simple Typing, however a large portion of US-285 should probably be upgraded to Freeway as it's been converted to ramped access to at least Bailey and likely on to Fairplay and Buena Vista.

Any paved CR out on the plains should likely be Primary. There should be zero Service Road typed segments. Anything you think should be typed that is either a Parking Lot, Street, or Primary. Pretend that type doesn't exist.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Wed May 29, 2013 3:42 pm

Most of the mountain towns are a complete mess from basemap import in addition to the old auto-geometry that drive analysis used to do doing additional damage. Fortunately our DOT maps are reasonable good and very usable: http://dtdapps.coloradodot.info/otis

Don't use the map visible in Traffic Data as an information source as that's NavTeq's tiles. MapView is government GIS being displayed with ESRI's viewer so it valid source material. Windshield is CDOT produced as well and is a good source for all BGS imagery for any numbered route in Colorado.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri May 31, 2013 2:36 pm

Road Naming page updated for Colorado.
USA: Now Idaho; previously California (Northern, SF/SJ)

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
PLEASE READ: Waze Map Editor (Start Here) | Editing Quick-start | Best Practices | Junctions
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vectorspace » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:59 pm

I ran into two editors in Colorado Springs that seem to have a positive interest in improving the map there and apparently access some of the private installations there. Their names are Panther37 and Chris_CA. Both I think are AMs.
vectorspace
vectorspace

Postby Panther37 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:19 am

I manage in CO Springs. Let me know if there is anything that needs to be done. Right now I'm working on Cape Cod, MA; it's a mess.
[ img ][ img ]
Pendleton, OR based and edit most.
Panther37
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby HandofMadness » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:29 pm

From this point on, all roads are to be named Steve. No exceptions.
CM: Thailand CM: USA
[ img ]
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby bgodette » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:32 pm

shawndoc wrote:From this point on, all roads are to be named Steve. No exceptions.
N/S is Your and E/W is Mom
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby tgfathergoose » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:20 am

Most of the major towns in Colorado, at least from the Springs northward through Denver, seem to be fairly well set. It's the small towns that aren't so well. The other issue is that for some reason new neighborhoods seem to pop up in the suburbs, so I get to draw some roads there. I just edited along I-25 north of Denver, and there were lots of errors up there. Some I fixed, but until I drive up there, I'm leery about doing some of the fixes. Just like Las Cruces with the rebuilding of the I-10 and I-25 interchange, and Transmountain and I-10 area in Canutillo, TX. Some problem reports just have to wait until either the imagery is updated or I make it there to see for myself.
Country Manager - US
[ img ][ img ]
tgfathergoose
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Chris_CA » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm

I am updating central east & SE Colorado with SH-XX & CR-XX
--
Chris CA
Colorado Area Manager
[ img ]
Chris_CA
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby kentsmith9 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:39 am

Chris_CA wrote:I am updating central east & SE Colorado with SH-XX & CR-XX

Chris_CA, your plan appears contrary to the current Wiki guidelines for CO of SR-XXX and CR-XXX. Do you have a typo?
USA: Now Idaho; previously California (Northern, SF/SJ)

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
PLEASE READ: Waze Map Editor (Start Here) | Editing Quick-start | Best Practices | Junctions
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to US Southwest