Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Coordinator: orbitc & ARC: PhantomSoul | RussPA
------------------------------------------------------------

Error saving cemetery changes

Post by voludu2
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 766.643191

I have tried to move the polygon so it comes to the road, because I know people leave the engine running during short cemetery visits (and so probably might leave waze running, too).

But every time I try to save any change to this cemetery, I get "An error occurred while saving."

What would cause a persistent error with this place, and not with the other cemeteries?
voludu2

POSTER_ID:16966196

Send a message

Post by PhantomSoul
Except for gas stations, Place Area polygons don't work that way. If people pull off the road far enough, as in 50m or more, we can add a PLR, but if people just stop their cars on the side of the road there isn't anything we can or should do, IMHO.
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Are you just trying to make sure that Waze recognizes that the driver reached the destination? Don't move the polygon, just move the "stop point," the small circle within the polygon.

Of course, that will only help for drivers coming form one direction or the other, not both.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by voludu2
I was trying to change the shape of the polygon so it would come close to the road, so that waze will not think that people stopped in the cemetery are stopped on the road.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
I did not realize that. Thanks.
So -- there is still some kind of error keeping me saving changes to that polygon, but I really don't need care about it.
voludu2
Send a message