Coordinator: orbitc & ARC: PhantomSoul | RussPA
------------------------------------------------------------

Visiting New Jersey

Post by RogerEden
Hi, I am a limey from London, England and will be visiting New Jersey this June/July (2015). Any advice on getting an appropriate SIM, as I assume I won't be able to use Waze in the US except at outrageous "roaming" costs.
Any other tips? I assume all Waze use in the US will add to my points?
RogerEden

POSTER_ID:16901428

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
There are two main infrastructures - NA & ROW. NA stands for North America, but only covers the US & Canada (Mexico got left out - and there are some significant border issues there) & ROW stands for Rest Of the World. So being in Australia is basically the same as being in the UK so you will earn points without an issue. When you are in the US, the points are completely separate. If you log onto the website & look at your Dashboard you will see a option down at the bottom to look at either your "USA & Canada" or your "World" points.
PatrickHenry1958 wrote:Waze worked great in Australia - even down to the very nice Aussie voice - but when I got back to the US I lost all my points and was back to being a Baby Wazer. Bummer! In fact I'm pretty sure that I'm not even accumulating points now since my Scoreboard status always says "Still calculating your rank". I'm still going to use Waze but I'm a little discouraged about going out of my way to make new reports.
Are you still getting hazard reports & everything in the app? Your phone may not have automatically switched to the correct infrastructure. There is a way to force your device to switch.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by MGODLEW
The US is on a different server so I don't believe your points here will apply to London, additionally many have said they have lost their points entirely when using internationally. So, you might want to sign out of your permanent account and create a separate one for here in the US if points are a big concern for you.

Additionally, as far as getting a SIM, there are dozen of pre-paid services that offer month to month service for as little as $40 a month, I'd recommend www.cricketwireless.com as they use AT&T's network who is the 2nd in the nation behind Verizon wireless
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“

Post by PatrickHenry1958
Waze worked great in Australia - even down to the very nice Aussie voice - but when I got back to the US I lost all my points and was back to being a Baby Wazer. Bummer! In fact I'm pretty sure that I'm not even accumulating points now since my Scoreboard status always says "Still calculating your rank". I'm still going to use Waze but I'm a little discouraged about going out of my way to make new reports.
PatrickHenry1958
Send a message