Coordinator: orbitc & ARC: PhantomSoul | RussPA
------------------------------------------------------------

flagged for excessive amount of drives -- rank stuck at 0

Post by lmpgray
I received an a week ago stating my account had been flagged for "excessive amount of drives". I believe this is in error but I think I know why this may have happened: between the dates of 10/7/2015 and 10/17/2015, I flew from my home in New Hampshire to Omaha Nebraska to help my brother who is moving to Tampa Florida. On 10/10-10/11, we drove from Omaha, NE to Tampa, FL and on 10/15-10/16, we drove back from Tampa, FL to Omaha, NE. These drives were out of the ordinary for me but I did in fact use Waze to navigate the trip in my brother's truck towing a trailer loaded with items he was moving from his old home in Omaha to his new home in Tampa. Each of the 2 drives was about 22 hours -- we switched off every 2-3 hours but I left waze running the whole time whether I was sleeping or driving. As a passenger, I would sometimes use was to search for places to eat, get fuel etc. so probably created quite a temporary drives -- after we ate, I'd re-point waze to our destination. I can see how this would look like "excessive" drives to an automated system and I'm OK with being flagged. but...

Upon being flagged, I sent a polite explanation and asked to have my account reinstated. I received an immediate automated email response after my web submission to which I replied as directed. It's now been a week and I've received no more communication. I do seem to be earning points as I drive normally, report incidents etc. but my rank is stuck at 0.

Does anyone know if the web/email process eventually results in correcting this problem, and if so, how long it normally takes? I've read suggestions to contact a "champ" to get help with this, but I don't want to go bothering folks if it's just a matter of waiting for the manual support gears to slowly turn...

Thanks in advance for any insight/suggestions!
lmpgray

POSTER_ID:17012332

Send a message

Post by AndyLaode
how many miles recorded for your drive last time?
AndyLaode
Send a message
andylaode (andylaode@outlook.com)
okay, mate, see you on the road and on the map too, cheers

Post by orbitc
lmpgray wrote:I received an a week ago stating my account had been flagged for "excessive amount of drives". I believe this is in error but I think I know why this may have happened: between the dates of 10/7/2015 and 10/17/2015, I flew from my home in New Hampshire to Omaha Nebraska to help my brother who is moving to Tampa Florida. On 10/10-10/11, we drove from Omaha, NE to Tampa, FL and on 10/15-10/16, we drove back from Tampa, FL to Omaha, NE. These drives were out of the ordinary for me but I did in fact use Waze to navigate the trip in my brother's truck towing a trailer loaded with items he was moving from his old home in Omaha to his new home in Tampa. Each of the 2 drives was about 22 hours -- we switched off every 2-3 hours but I left waze running the whole time whether I was sleeping or driving. As a passenger, I would sometimes use was to search for places to eat, get fuel etc. so probably created quite a temporary drives -- after we ate, I'd re-point waze to our destination. I can see how this would look like "excessive" drives to an automated system and I'm OK with being flagged. but...

Upon being flagged, I sent a polite explanation and asked to have my account reinstated. I received an immediate automated email response after my web submission to which I replied as directed. It's now been a week and I've received no more communication. I do seem to be earning points as I drive normally, report incidents etc. but my rank is stuck at 0.

Does anyone know if the web/email process eventually results in correcting this problem, and if so, how long it normally takes? I've read suggestions to contact a "champ" to get help with this, but I don't want to go bothering folks if it's just a matter of waiting for the manual support gears to slowly turn...

Thanks in advance for any insight/suggestions!
I'm looking into this and will update you shortly. Thanks.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!