Coordinator: orbitc & ARC: PhantomSoul | RussPA
------------------------------------------------------------
Post by Rfrsw101
orbitc wrote: I agree, with Dovid. Let's keep things the same "TBRs" as long as they are working fine. We are always around to give hand to update with RTCs only if necessary.
UPDATE: Closures have been removed (idk by who, I just noticed they were gone) -- antgoesmarching/wallydury as agreed by orbitc and Qwaletee, we'll leave it to you guys to set the TBRs, feel free to let us know if we need to assist with RTCs as necessary.

Re:
antgoesmarching wrote:I will wait for one of the senior editors to make a final decision on how we are going to proceed here, however I'd ask that someone please ensures that the upcoming closures for this weekend are processed. They are currently not in closures and I can no longer edit the segments/TBRs due to the closures. Thanks.
The weekend is coming up, we'll insert something Friday night if there is nothing inserted by either wally or ant. The RTCs can be a fallback just in case...
Rfrsw101
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Rfrsw101
wallydury wrote: I think what would be a better help would be if I recieved some more mentoring in order to level up to L3, then I would not have to keep bothering everyone for downlock and relocks. it would certainly make my job a lot easier.
Slightly off topic linking, but here is the information:

Check out this page: Formal Mentoring
Remember that ranks in the USA are no longer determined by edit counts, or even just knowledge (from mentoring) alone. This is a discussion your SM's will have with your RC when they feel you are ready for the rank up.
Rfrsw101
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by TheLastTaterTot
Hi there, first off, I want to apologize if it seems as if we were stepping on anyone's toes. None of us were aware that there was already a full team in place from the NJ side to manage the closures of the bridge.

That being said, I would strongly recommend entering in the closure using the Google sheet that is monitored by Waze — titled "Closures - USA." Once a person has become familiar with how to properly enter a closure into the sheet, it is just as simple as manually entering in the time-based segment restrictions, with all the added benefit of RTCs. Moreover, if the closures remain consistent from week to week, the information entered for the previous week can be carefully copied and pasted for the upcoming week. The segments that were downlocked may also be relocked to standard if desired.

Rfrsw101 (rank 3) and jdelosa (rank 2) should have access to the Waze closure sheet already and I'm sure Orbit would be willing to give members of the NJ team who don't have access the ability to edit the sheet as well. However, from our side, Rfrsw101 will be the primary go-to person for this bridge closure since he is in charge of closures from that section of NYC.
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
R5 | RI SM | CA, MA & NY AM | Mentor

Post by wallydury
I Concur and remain ready to help where ever I am needed. I am eternally grateful for the consideration and opportunity to work on this project

wally
wallydury
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by wallydury
I believe that Orbit has offered to grant Ant and I permissions to the RTC if the group believes that it would be beneficial, but I must agree that TBR is a far better way to handle this complex project.

I think what would be a better help would be if I recieved some more mentoring in order to level up to L3, then I would not have to keep bothering everyone for downlock and relocks. it would certainly make my job a lot easier.

wally
qwaletee wrote:...However, Wally and Ant only have access to the "public" spreadsheet, and someone else would have to transfer that over to the Waze ops processing sheet, and then it would have to take effect. That adds a bunch of layers, and is not intuitive to use. That's one of the reasons we stuck with TBRs.
wallydury
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message