Coordinator: orbitc & ARC: PhantomSoul | RussPA
------------------------------------------------------------

Bayonne Bridge Road Closed...Level 5,6 orbitc help

Post by cycle201
Need a higher up to place scheduled bridge closures on Bayonne Bridge..

::::::::::During January and February, the bridge will be closed from Monday through Thursday nights from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.,

and from midnight Friday to 8 a.m. Saturday.

The bridge will remain open on Saturday nights, Sunday nights and on holiday weekends.

Closing the bridge during the overnight hours is necessary to safely allow for the removal of portions of the structure and for the lifting of large steel and concrete sections onto the bridge.::::::::::

http://www.panynj.gov/press-room/press- ... ne_id=1880
cycle201

POSTER_ID:3903787

Send a message

Post by cycle201
I did the Bayonne Bridge on Staten Island side but Level % locked other side so someone has to take care of it, BTW i like the restrictions add on...cool
cycle201
Send a message

Post by cycle201
Thanks, I did the disconnects which was easier until waze added the scheduled addon, which BTW is a great addition, good job guys...
cycle201
Send a message

Post by orbitc
Cycle201 wrote:Need a higher up to place scheduled bridge closures on Bayonne Bridge..

::::::::::During January and February, the bridge will be closed from Monday through Thursday nights from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.,

and from midnight Friday to 8 a.m. Saturday.

The bridge will remain open on Saturday nights, Sunday nights and on holiday weekends.

Closing the bridge during the overnight hours is necessary to safely allow for the removal of portions of the structure and for the lifting of large steel and concrete sections onto the bridge.::::::::::

http://www.panynj.gov/press-room/press- ... ne_id=1880

Cycle201, you added restriction AND disconnected the ramps. Since you disconnected ramps, restrictions are not going to be a factor. Waze simple will not direct anybody there "all the time" until they are connected.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
Cycle201 wrote:I did the Bayonne Bridge on Staten Island side but Level % locked other side so someone has to take care of it, BTW i like the restrictions add on...cool
I would lower them if you rather do it yourself. Please advise. Thanks.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
OK....

Both side of the bridge closed according to schedule posted at http://www.panynj.gov/bayonnebridge.

Based on PANYNJ this closure will last until the end of February. I will check back on or around the end of February to adjust/update if necessary.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by PhantomSoul
Are we sure these restrictions are working right? There are an awful lot of relatively recent URs in southern Bayonne in which people are complaining about being routed toward the Bayonne Bridge during the scheduled closed times.

EDIT: I updated the rules for restrictions at the Bayonne Brg to better reflect the scheduled closures. Just so we're on the same page, the closures are every week, overnight from Monday evening to Friday morning 9:00 pm to 5:00 am and overnight from Friday evening to Saturday morning 9:00 pm to 8:00 am until late 2015 (I marked it as 12/31/2015, but we can always get rid of the restriction if we get word construction is finished sooner). There are no closures on Saturday or Sunday nights. Also, on the Bayonne, NJ side, the 2 ramps to/from John F Kennedy Blvd are continuously closed throughout the duration of the entire project. They have been disconnected at their entrances and marked with the CONST ZN suffix.
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
PhantomSoul wrote:CONST ZN suffix.
Hi, PH,

CONST ZN has been deprecated. See https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Road_names/U ... osed_roads

Since this is actually closed, the suffix should be "(Closed)"

FOr the rest of the open-but-being-worked-on segments, we may want the "(Construction Zone)" suffix.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues