Difficult Turns

Post by hmarian
The New WME version v1.29-3 enabled an option in WME to mark turns as difficult.
At this point there are no set guidelines in the wiki regarding when to apply this.
Until the rules are established and agreed by the Canadian Champs, please refrain from using this feature, unless consulting with one of the Champs.

From what we know the marking of a turn as difficult will add a few minutes penalty to the route, making it less likely to be the suggested route by Waze.

We will update here should there be any changes.
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1

POSTER_ID:170262

Send a message

Device: Samsung Galaxy S20+
Waze Version: 4.90.90.901
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Greater Toronto Area, Buffalo (NY), Binyamina (Israel)
Android/WME Beta Tester
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editing Manual | Editing Best Practice | @Waze_Canada

Post by hmarian
qazxcvbnmm wrote:Might as well start the discussion here about when to apply. I added this DT before this posting based on a UR (now gone), other URs in the past, and having been there. Is this enough? Obviously, we won't always be able to experience the turn. It's a left turn across many lanes and the oncoming cars come around a blind corner and no center turning lane.

Left turn at ROM

A problem I see with DT is that is it's only difficult at some times of the day. Here's another current UR here showing the same thing.

Left turn across two lanes from stop sign in Vaughan with UR

In non-rush hour, it would be fine. There are long, straight, and flat sight lines.
Let's give it some time. I have a feeling that Waze is going to adjust several parameters regarding DT and the wiki will come along in parallel.
We can save the debate for later.
In the meantime please don't post additional DT.
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Device: Samsung Galaxy S20+
Waze Version: 4.90.90.901
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Greater Toronto Area, Buffalo (NY), Binyamina (Israel)
Android/WME Beta Tester
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editing Manual | Editing Best Practice | @Waze_Canada

Post by kriimsilm
IMHO the best solution is penalty (this gives flexibility for routing team) for DT if client says that DT must be avoided.

When to apply? Tricky question, what the author was thinking?

In Waze first versions we had "minimize turns" option. Does somebody know why this option was removed? This is clear solution, but DT is not so clear.
kriimsilm
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by qazxcvbnmm
Might as well start the discussion here about when to apply. I added this DT before this posting based on a UR (now gone), other URs in the past, and having been there. Is this enough? Obviously, we won't always be able to experience the turn. It's a left turn across many lanes and the oncoming cars come around a blind corner and no center turning lane.

Left turn at ROM

A problem I see with DT is that is it's only difficult at some times of the day. Here's another current UR here showing the same thing.

Left turn across two lanes from stop sign in Vaughan with UR

In non-rush hour, it would be fine. There are long, straight, and flat sight lines.
qazxcvbnmm
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/c5.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/s0100.png
qazxcvbnmm - Markham, Ontario, Canada - Country Manager