Canada Meetup 2017!

Post by
We are planning our third official Canadian Waze meetup!

Last year’s meetup in Vancouver and the 2015 meetup in Toronto were both huge successes that brought together editors from across the country. We would like to build on the successes of years past and grow our community even further.

This year’s meetup will take place September 23-24, 2017 in Montreal!

Waze meetups give participants an opportunity to learn more about Waze and each other. It’s a great way to get to know other editors in our community.

The format of the meetup will follow those of years past, with presentations by both Waze staff and community editors. It’s a great way to learn current thinking, tips, and the super-secret stuff going on behind the Waze curtain.

While we don't yet have an exact agenda, here are the details we can share so far:

Date: Saturday, September 23 until Sunday, September 24. The meetup's first official component will be when we meet for a group dinner Saturday night.
Location: The exact hotel is as yet unknown but it will be in downtown Montreal.
Schedule: To be determined, but it will include presentations and discussion periods. Generally speaking, the business part of the meetup will occur on Sunday, September 24, starting with breakfast and ending just before dinner time.

Waze will cover the cost associated with travel (airfare, rail, or gas and parking, plus only parking for locals), one night of accommodation at the hotel where the meetup will be held, and food and drinks at the hotel throughout the meetup.

Waze will not reimburse airport parking or transportation between the airport and the meetup.

Editors who are interested in and capable of attending the 2017 meetup should fill in the registration form here: https://goo.gl/forms/WpPn9BtEwqwBMdcm1

We will inform participants about the exact location and schedule as soon as we finalize them.

If you have any questions, don't be shy! Please post them in this thread.

Registration will remain open until August 1, 2017.

POSTER_ID:5928662

Send a message

Post by Boxcarphilly
I'm in, looking at taking the train from Toronto. I guess I would need to leave already some time on the Friday. What time on Saturday will events or socializing generally get underway? I ask because of the VIA Rail schedule and I need to work around that.
Boxcarphilly
Send a message

Post by Boxcarphilly
qazxcvbnmm wrote:What's the best way to get downtown from the airport? Wondering if the train from Toronto to downtown Montreal might be an option. Avoids the airport and transfer to downtown.
If you haven't tried Uber, now might be the time.
Boxcarphilly
Send a message

Post by Boxcarphilly
Has the hotel been announced yet? I looked back through this thread and I didn't see any updates on that.
Boxcarphilly
Send a message

Post by Boxcarphilly
Alright great, now that we know the name of the hotel, I can make my train reservations to the station nearest the hotel.
Boxcarphilly
Send a message

Post by Boxcarphilly
No changes, still the Sofitel Golden Mile, Saturday evening for the meetup? I've already purchased my train ticket.
Boxcarphilly
Send a message

Post by Boxcarphilly
I figured, yes, but just last night or this morning in a chat session I'm partially following I read something about a hotel being changed, wasn't sure if the discussion was about this or not, scrolled back through the posts and was not able to discern what they were talking about, so I thought I'd be safe and ask here. Plus, too, I didn't actually see it announced in this thread anywhere, not until I asked back on August 11, that's when you replied. So I figured since it was only divulged once I asked about it, if there was any sort of change, I may have to ask again rather than rely on someone volunteering the info. Thanks for your help.
Boxcarphilly
Send a message

Post by Boxcarphilly
It was the C A General Discussion, although there are 85 participants, I didn't see your name in there. Thank you. It's all good. See you in Montreal.
Boxcarphilly
Send a message

Post by BryceCampbell
Should be fine, but I won't have a total sense of availability until early August, so I selected "I cannot confirm, please don't book my room/ticket" was that right on my behalf, or I should had selected "Yes, I understand"?
BryceCampbell
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
LaughMask wrote:Is there any details on the coverage for gas when driving?
Just gas spent, or $/km, or mix of both?
I believe previous arrangements have been actual gas station receipts.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
BryceCampbell wrote:Should be fine, but I won't have a total sense of availability until early August, so I selected "I cannot confirm, please don't book my room/ticket" was that right on my behalf, or I should had selected "Yes, I understand"?
Probably best to have done what you did. We can always adjust it once you have confirmed availability.
doctorkb
Send a message