New Base Map Editing Question

Post by RoadRunner-CAN
With the new Canadian base maps, it seems that every single road now belongs to a city even though the road may be out in the middle of nowhere. The city value is set to the local municipality or county it seems. Should we update these roads to blank out the city value if a city isn't applicable or should we be leaving in the county and/or municipality as the city? I think we should be blanking it out personally. Should we still be putting the city in as "City Name, Province"? I'm assuming that is the case.
RoadRunner-CAN

POSTER_ID:80083

Send a message
--
iPhone 3Gs
2009 Hyundai Santa Fe
Area Manager: South-Western Ontario, Canada

Post by redlow
wscotchmer wrote:With the new Canadian base maps, it seems that every single road now belongs to a city even though the road may be out in the middle of nowhere. The city value is set to the local municipality or county it seems. Should we update these roads to blank out the city value if a city isn't applicable or should we be leaving in the county and/or municipality as the city? I think we should be blanking it out personally. Should we still be putting the city in as "City Name, Province"? I'm assuming that is the case.
If I look at the area where I live, most of the city boundaries bump up to the other cities regardless of urban or country. For example, the Towns of Milton and Oakville each directly connect, although we have about 10 km of countryside in between. I believe it is in the city limits, so based on that, it should have the city name.

When I am in doubt, I tend to check google maps, and my Garmin, and compare :-)

I would like to see State field contain the province names, and we populate only the city in city. that would be my preference.
redlow
Send a message
Google Nexus One, Waze for Android
Milton, Ontario

Post by RoadRunner-CAN
Prior to the Canadian base map load, we were told to put in "City, Province" for the city names. After the base map load, a lot of the city names went in as "City of Toronto" and "Town of Exeter" and so forth. I emailed the Waze team to see if we should be updating the City names back to "City, Province". They replied to say that they are working on an update script to run through all the city names and revert them to "City, Province". Until they run that script, I would suggest that you don't waste time updating City names.
RoadRunner-CAN
Send a message
--
iPhone 3Gs
2009 Hyundai Santa Fe
Area Manager: South-Western Ontario, Canada