temporary - how to view aerial images on the map editor

Post by krankyd
As you know we are working on adding the aerial images to the cartouche interface.
Reminding you that any work on Canadian maps should be done through www.waze.com/cartouche

We made a quick workaround for viewing and using the aerials in the www.waze.com/cartouche site for Canada until we make a permanent fix for that.
When viewing a place (and selecting the aerial layer), there is a need to add the parameter &proj=3785 to the URL to view the aerial information (I.e. select a permalink of the place and add the information).
I.e. http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=2&p ... TTFFFTTTTT

Thanks!
krankyd

POSTER_ID:84

Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by Compking
Will these arial photography images be integrated anytime soon, without the need for the special URL?
Compking
Send a message

Post by redlow
Ah, great. It is nice to see the lay of the land. What would be even greater is some maps that are a *bit* more up to date. Apparently, half of my city has yet to be built in these images :-)

Regardless, better something than nothing!

I hope when the images finally are released normally, that they are somewhat newer.

Cheers!
David
redlow
Send a message
Google Nexus One, Waze for Android
Milton, Ontario

Post by support
totech wrote:How does one contact our area managers? How does one become an area manager? Anyone know?

hi.
just send us an e-mail to alpha@waze.com - stating that you wish to be an area manager - we will need information like your user name, e-mail address, permalink of the area that you wish to manage with a description and the borders of the area. adding coordinates of the area can be helpful, but its not mandatory.

thanks,

Ori
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by totech
How does one contact our area managers? How does one become an area manager? Anyone know?
totech
Send a message
Blackberry 8330
Iphone 3G
Nexus 1