Canadian Options for Community Page?

Moderators: Unholy, amitbena, manoeuvre

Canadian Options for Community Page?

Postby butlermatt » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:56 pm

I'm not entirely sure where this question should be posted. I haven't found mention of it myself elsewhere.

On the community page (http://www.waze.com/community/) It seems that Canada is completely disregarded under 'Recent Map Problems'. The drop-down provides states but no options for any Canadian provinces (or even the entire country). I'm very interested in helping Waze with maps for my area and with a community in general but I keep getting the unsettling feeling that Canada is just treated as an after-thought.

I realize that much of the Maps and information within Waze is community driven and I am happy to be part of that community and to help any way I can, but many of these type of changes can only be made by the developers. And I can only assume it's a lower priority due to the lack of users in Canada by comparison.
butlermatt

Re: Canadian Options for Community Page?

Postby doctorkb » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi Matt,

I don't think they've done much to that page in quite a while -- I've not found it to be all that current, regardless of which part of the world you're looking at. So don't take it personally against Canada. :)

That said, we are working to build the community here in the forums... and I encourage discussion here to resolve issues and come to understandings that may be different from our neighbours to the south....
Waze Global Champ, Mentor, WME Toolbox Project Manager
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Return to Canada