Reported map problems - Not Indentified

Moderators: Unholy, amitbena

Reported map problems - Not Indentified

Postby blipadouzi » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:13 pm

I've been trying to keep up with a lot of reported map errrors in my region... but often I've found that the driver does not leave a comment, and waze does not show the suggested route (purple line) nor the drivers actual route (green line). So it is often difficult to understand what the actual problem is supposed to be.

I often just change thes status of these to "Not Identified"... this is a good example of one.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... TTTTTTTTFT
No comments by user which turn is not allowed, and no GPS/waze routes to try to identify which turn is not allowed.

Doing this however, I've asked myself a few questions... is marking these mystery errors as "Not Identified" the best practise?
What happens to these reports when labeled "Not Identified"?
Area Manager: Longueuil, QC

blipadouzi

Re: Reported map problems - Not Indentified

Postby doctorkb » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:23 pm

For now, this is good practice. "Not Identified" communicates back to the reporter that you needed more info to solve it.

In the beta editor, there is an ability to communicate with the reporter. I don't know the timeline on this finding its way into production, but it shouldn't be too long.
Waze Global Champ, Mentor, WME Toolbox Project Manager
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Return to Canada