Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Events!

Post by doctorkb
Hi all,

Some of you may be familiar with the "Waze Mega Events" feature that has been available since the summer.

The features that support this are available for not-so-mega events that still affect traffic -- e.g. a local running marathon that has some road closures.

I'd like to invite you to post events in your communities as you become aware of them. Ideally, a route map that tells about which roads will be closed, and for what timeframes... that will make integrating it much easier.

If you have any questions, please ask!
doctorkb
Answers: 4

POSTER_ID:37371

Send a message

Post by doctorkb
See the link to the events form here: viewforum.php?f=815
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by manoeuvre
Half-Year: viewtopic.php?f=815&t=94177

If it's a local event you can also use our closure form, the turnaround is a lot sooner: viewtopic.php?f=358&t=103957

For the Mega Events, you'll need to give them a few days in order to get the event approved and to have the closures applied.
manoeuvre
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by mh65356
Hi new editor here, sorry about some dumb questions about this but here goes:

What does "HY Local Event" mean?
What qualifies something as a National or Global event? I assume I will never have to use these but just curious.
What is the response time to the forms? ie. if I find out about a local event 2 days prior, should I still submit or is there no way for Waze to respond in time?
Who goes through these forms and implements them? Waze staff and/or senior wazers?

Thanks for any help!
mh65356
Send a message