AM/CM requests and Self-Management

[ img ]

Moderators: hmarian, doctorkb, Kayos_On_The_Road, manoeuvre, Canada Champs, hmarian, doctorkb, Kayos_On_The_Road, manoeuvre, Canada Champs

Re: AM/CM requests and Self-Management

Postby adetia » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:27 pm

yes -- i had just sent one in also, which was declined.
i've lost my AM access in most places, and would be interested in resuming my editing duties, after some time away. :) I'm mostly interested in Southern Alberta, Northern Alberta, and Rural Alberta (i.e. not Calgary and not Edmonton). I prefer to avoid the cities like the plague ;)
[ img ]
Area Manager: Southern Alberta
adetia

Postby Aztek985 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:32 am

Hey all.

Just submitted my AM application for the London, ON area. I've been editing like crazy adding places, fixing what I can, adding new subdivisions. Lots of idle update requests in the area I would love to be able to attend to. Didn't see anywhere on the forum for an introduction so just thought I'd pop in here quickly. I know it said I need to be contributing to the community forum and I definitely want to start and help out fellow Wazers :-) . I drive around the city daily for my job, so I definitely know what's going on around here.

Take care!
[ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Province Manager: Ontario
Area Manager: London, ON
Aztek985
State Manager
State Manager

Postby Dave_Si » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:06 pm

Just sent my application form ! :)
Dave_Si

Postby Dave_Si » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:07 pm

Just sended it again... i didnt got a reply from my old one ... do people even check the forum yet ??
Dave_Si

AM/CM requests and Self-Management

Postby doctorkb » Thu May 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that Waze's Canadian Community is moving to self-management!

What does this mean?
First off, effective immediately, all Area Manager and Country Manager requests should be submitted here: Waze Area Management Request Form (Canada)

Second, any request for an editor rank upgrade should be made through that same form.

Why?
Self-management allows us to have better control and knowledge over the editors who are operating in Canada. It will help us to better mentor new editors, and also grant larger areas to experienced editors who have not yet reached Country Manager status.
Waze Global Champ
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:50 pm

Update: As the Rank 3 and AM status have been separated by Waze, we will now be considering AM applications by anyone eligible for Rank 2 (i.e. 1,000 edits). It won't come with a rank upgrade, but we do want to see you gain the experience to get to Rank 3 (and beyond!).
Waze Global Champ
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:13 pm

Thanks, SkiDooGuy.

That should be resolved now.
Waze Global Champ
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:50 pm

A couple of notes...

1. we *may* grant early rank upgrades, but that's not likely to be the case very often. You'll have to have shown some great initiative and have a good reason for the upgrade. Of specific consideration: Rank 5 and Rank 6 upgrades are not likely to happen much (if at all) before the standard edit count minimum, out of respect to our neighbours to the south.

Also: rank 4+ may not follow with simply the minimum edit count -- you need to have some demonstrated competency.

2. similarly, large AM areas are typically only granted to rank 3+ editors -- we will grant smaller ones to lower-ranked editors, but typically expect at least 1000 edits in your driveable area before granting an AM area of any size.
Waze Global Champ
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:30 am

Yes, the AM request form is still current!

I just updated all requests until now - please wait 24-48 hours before wondering why something wasn't accepted... Waze staff still needs to process our approvals.
Waze Global Champ
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Dry_B0nes » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:11 pm

Are we still looking at a week or more for AM requests? I submitted one earlier this month and haven't heard back yet. I was wondering if there's anyone I should nudge... :)
[ img ] [ img ]
AM - Alberta, CA
CM - Canada
Dry_B0nes
Area Manager
Area Manager

Next

Return to Canada