Basemap fail (wrong province)

Moderators: Unholy, amitbena

Re: Basemap fail (wrong province)

Postby doctorkb » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:33 pm

Hi Jay,

I've not heard of this sort of request in the past, but it's not the first time we've seen these symptoms.

It seems a number of unnamed roads got strange provinces -- I still see the occasional PEI in Alberta, and more than the occasional Alberta in Quebec.

Your best bet would be to use Toolbox to isolate these in a list view, and update them appropriately with the update streets tool in Toolbox.
Waze Global Champ, Mentor, WME Toolbox Project Manager
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Basemap fail (wrong province)

Postby Jay91150 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:21 pm

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... 94&env=usa

The above segment shows a province of Nunavut but is actually in Newfoundland & Labrador. The adjacent major highway segment (the one that shows 'unknown' direction, which I haven't updated yet) has the correct province.

I've noticed this quite a bit up the peninsula on which the above link is located, but thought I had made an error when editing. It's on more than just the occasional sideroad - some major highways and other streets have this problem too.

Can someone in Waze admin change the province/state value for all features within a particular geographic area? I figure that's the best way to solve this problem. Newfoundland is far enough off the coast that a box bounded by geographic points will encompass all of it and none of any other state or province.

Edit - I almost forgot about the French territory of St-Pierre-et-Miquelon, which is off the southwest coast of the Burin Peninsula. That area should NOT get changed, but the rest on and near the island certainly should.
Jay91150
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: Basemap fail (wrong province)

Postby Jay91150 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:40 pm

I'll try to remember to install Toolbox and investigate if I know how to accomplish that.
Jay91150
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Return to Canada