Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Avery Ranch, Austin, TX - Address shown on wrong street

Post by jdborchert
When routing to my house, Waze stops the route when I pass the side of my house when entering the subdivision. This is not where I stop because I have to continue down this road then turn onto my street which loops around and ends in a cul-de-sac adjacent to the entrance road. Waze tells me to stop on the entrance road at the side of my house instead of continuing around the cul-de-sac.

https://www.waze.com/livemap/?zoom=15&l ... &to_seg=-1

Google Maps shows the correct route:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=16205 ... s&t=m&z=17

How can this be fixed?

Thanks,

Jeremy Borchert
jdborchert

POSTER_ID:4804840

Send a message
New Wazer
iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Address information is served up in the US by bing. Check your address location in bing to see if it is in the same wrong location as Waze shows it.

You can do two things: 1) figure out how to get bing to change your address pin location; 2) Use the Cartouche editor to add the address directly to the street location it should be located on and then wait for Waze to fix the algorithm which is supposed to give preference to addresses in Waze.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
gettingthere wrote:To be more direct -
Are you clarifying and filtering my muddy waters again? :oops:
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jdborchert wrote:Sooo...does that mean it can't be fixed right now?
Yes. Have a read of the House Numbers wiki page for the full info on House Numbers and caveats. The Waze FAQ also addresses the question about Waze not routing to the correct location.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
Are you routing home via street address or street address that is saved as 'home'?

Quick fix is to delete and recreate the home favorite by click and hold on the map for the exact location you wish to be routed to.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by gettingthere
To be more direct -

We can't currently fix this issue via a map edit on Waze since the Waze Map data is not being used to resolve the location of the street address.

As AlanOfTheBerg has stated - you will need to figure out how to get the location of your street address corrected by contacting Bing. Good luck!
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Are you clarifying and filtering my muddy waters again? :oops:
We all get 'clarified' around here. More info is better than less info. Now if we can get Waze to communicate more and clarify ;)
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
Since the earlier posts Waze is now building in the functionality to maintain house numbers in Waze Map Editor vs. doing the lookups with Bing. As discussed previously the issue is that the GPS coordinates for your house are located closer to Billingham Trl. than Brayton Park Dr. See picture:
16925.JPG
(150.6 KiB) Downloaded 1895 times
Waze is currently NOT using this data for routing. So it will be resolved at some future time when Waze enables this functionality. Waze will route to GPS coordinates of where your house is connected to the road vs. the location of the house number sitting over the house itself.
16925b.JPG
(62.31 KiB) Downloaded 1894 times
FWIW, Bing Maps routing has nothing to do with how Waze routes. Waze is only using the house number lookup from Bing. Where the roads are placed on the Waze Map vs. the gps coordinates of the house number lookup are what is currently relevant.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jdborchert
I am routing to my address saved in "Home". Your suggestion may work for me but it doesn't really fix the problem. It's more of a workaround. It works for me because I know where my house is. If someone else is trying to get to my house and doesn't know where it is, Waze won't get them there with my address.
jdborchert
Send a message
New Wazer
iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Post by jdborchert
I posted this a while ago but the problem still exists. I checked on Bing and the address is in the correct place and Bing routes correctly. Waze has the address in the right place but the route is wrong.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH2#Jn ... YxNDc1MTky
jdborchert
Send a message
New Wazer
iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1