Welcome to the South East Region

Coordinator: Xanderb & ARC: crazycaveman
------------------------------------------------------------

Moderators: delilush, crazycaveman, xanderb

Welcome to the South East Region

Postby WeeeZer14 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:55 pm

We've split the US up into regions to try to bring focused attention to each area and to provide a clear path to bring issues and problems for escalation up to Waze Staff.

I will serve as the Community Coordinator for the South East, so please let me know if you need help resolving an issue or getting answers about something.

For those of you who don't know me, I am a transplant from New York City and New Jersey now living in Downtown Knoxville, TN for the past almost 5 years.

I am happy to say that I have personally driven in every South East region state multiple times EXCEPT for Alabama. I guess I may need to try to fix that deficiency ;)
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[ img ]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
WeeeZer14

Re: Welcome to the South East Region

Postby HavanaDay » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:29 pm

Good to have you running the show Weezer. Now I sure hope you aren't a Vol otherwise I am not letting you come across the state line. :lol:
HavanaDay
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby WeeeZer14 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:50 pm

HavanaDay wrote:Good to have you running the show Weeezer. Now I sure hope you aren't a Vol otherwise I am not letting you come across the state line. :lol:

I am less than a mile from the stadium and can hear the PA system on game day, but I am not really a fan of football in general -- college or pro. Or is that worse? :lol:
[ img ]
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
WeeeZer14

Postby B2SpiritofSkyline » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:43 pm

Nice to meet you WeeeZer14, I look forward to assisting you and the community within Florida. Please let me know if an extra hand is needed.

My best, and good luck!
UrbanCatastor
Waze King, Florida top 60 / 80k+ edits and counting
AM of Florida (full) + GA S, AL SW
[ img ]
B2SpiritofSkyline

Postby WeeeZer14 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:24 pm

UrbanCatastor, I'd suggest scaling down that image in your signature as a first step ;)
[ img ]
WeeeZer14

Postby B2SpiritofSkyline » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:11 am

I would like to ask you, as a coordinator, what (and to what extent) type of contact do you have with Waze staff? For what I understand, the reorganization within the Forums allowed Waze staff to understand our needs by region. Does that mean that staff members would be more available to user through coordinators?

Plz explain. Thx
UrbanCatastor
Waze King, Florida top 60 / 80k+ edits and counting
AM of Florida (full) + GA S, AL SW
[ img ]
B2SpiritofSkyline

Postby WeeeZer14 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:00 pm

The details of how things work haven't fully be fleshed out yet so I can only speak conceptually.

The coordinators are kind of like first tier support... you guys should post in the forums or PM me. I try to answer your question or resolve your issue. If I can't, then I go to Waze Staff.

Theoretically this will free up Waze Staff to work on important issues and new development instead of answering the same frequent questions over and over again.

Before now, most people had no idea who to go to for help other than going to support. But with the coordinators there is a clear escalation path.

Additionally, we have had the Champs and we all try to help out all over the US, but with the Coordinators, now we know there is one person focused on each region.

We just started this, so nothing is in stone and things are subject to change. There is a meeting with Waze Staff this weekend (that I personally will not be able to attend :( ) so there may be some more details coming out of that.
[ img ]
WeeeZer14

Postby driving79 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:39 am

I just noticed your updated signature line, so I thought I'd check it out seen as I'm in the southeast. Don't worry, you're not missing anything not driving in AL. :lol:

You already know I'll help out as much as I can, hopefully with more time I will expand my areas in FL (& more) as I too have traveled a lot. In America, and overseas, as I was not born here. It always blows my mind when I run into people who were born here and have never left.
Global Champ
Southeast Regional Coordinator (AL, FL, GA)
Tier 1
Beta Leader
Southeast Wazeo - https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/USA/Southeast
driving79
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby driving79 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:41 am

FYI, Puerto Rico is spelled wrong on the forum under this area where it lists the areas under Southeast. Not sure if you can fix that.
Global Champ
Southeast Regional Coordinator (AL, FL, GA)
Tier 1
Beta Leader
Southeast Wazeo - https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/USA/Southeast
driving79
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby WeeeZer14 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:01 pm

Hey it blows my mind to meet people who haven't ever left their home state!

I've been in 34(?) of the US States, Canada, Bermuda, US Virgin Islands, Italy, Germany, and Japan. So I understand how it is tough for Waze to make a product that works everywhere.

Good catch on PR in the description. I can't fix it, but I can bug someone about it. See! That is exactly how this coordinator thing is supposed to work! :lol:
[ img ]
WeeeZer14

Next

Return to US South Atlantic