"Avoid Freeways" not working properly in Louisville

Post by dholme
I have realized that when "Avoid Freeways" is active, Waze regards major "surface" roads the same as freeways. By "Freeways", I think of Interstate highways and localized highways (such as I264 and I265 in Louisville, KY) not major "surface" thoroughfares. When I select the option, Waze sends me through a maze of "backwater" roads. When I deselected this option, Waze sent me to some common major throughways.
I would like to see "Avoid Freeways" only avoid actual freeways and a new option to "Avoid Major Roads."
dholme

POSTER_ID:16270343

Send a message
Last edited by AndyPoms on Wed May 13, 2015 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Subject Line - Original Subject: Separate switch for "Avoid major roads"

Post by AndyPoms
This sounds more like a mapping issue - the "Avoid Freeway" option should only avoid limited access highways. Can you provide examples of which roads are being avoided?

I'm going to move your post to the sub-section dedicated to Kentucky which is part of the US Section of the forum. There you can find other local Wazers who can help you with this. We can always move it back.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
doctorkb wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:This sounds more like a mapping issue - the "Avoid Freeway" option should only avoid limited access highways. Can you provide examples of which roads are being avoided?

I'm going to move your post to the sub-section dedicated to Kentucky which is part of the US Section of the forum. There you can find other local Wazers who can help you with this. We can always move it back.
@AndyPoms -- I seem to remember there being some discussion in Vegas that this option should have been named "Avoid major highways" for the fact that it avoided both MH and FW. A fix to the client was promised "soon".

Either that, or my memory is backwards and it used to be called "Avoid Major Highways" and only acted on freeways...
It used to avoid Freeway, Major & Minor. Then it was changed to just avoid Freeway. That caused other issues (especially with the original FC stuff I was doing), but I'm pretty sure that now it's just supposed to avoid Freeway.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by doctorkb
AndyPoms wrote:This sounds more like a mapping issue - the "Avoid Freeway" option should only avoid limited access highways. Can you provide examples of which roads are being avoided?

@AndyPoms -- I seem to remember there being some discussion in Vegas that this option should have been named "Avoid major highways" for the fact that it avoided both MH and FW. A fix to the client was promised "soon".

Either that, or my memory is backwards and it used to be called "Avoid Major Highways" and only acted on freeways...
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by xanderb
dholme, would you provide starting and destination points for this? Several of us live in Louisville and can test it.
xanderb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message