Exit 156 SR-1 "ramp" removal, request discussion

Post by Poncewattle
When going SB on SR-1 at exit 156 there's a prompt to "exit to US-13 S / SR-1 S / Dover / Beaches"

There's a ramp segment here:

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... ts=9238023

I propose this should be changed to a freeway segment. I don't even think it needs a wayfinder prompt so it eliminates any direction at this point altogether (and to keep with the Waze philosophy of bugging the driver as little as possible)

Consider the following:

* Exit 156 is actually on the left.
* The two mainline lanes continue through so there is no need for the driver to move to another lane
* The main route is SR-1 before and after that segment.
* The corresponding "ramp" going northbound is set to freeway and not ramp

Thoughts?
Poncewattle  
State Manager
State Manager

POSTER_ID:16953582

Send a message

Post by mishterhaz
I generally like to adhere to the KISS method for most things; however, in this case I believe it's a good thing to leave this as is. My reasoning:

The left lane on SR-1 S eventually turns into an 'exit only' for 156--by leaving this as is, drivers know that they would need to 'exit/stay right' up ahead. If they are riding in the left lane, it tips them off ahead of time.

If all three lanes were continuing southbound, I would agree. However, since it transforms into an exit lane, I think the clarification is a good thing here.
mishterhaz
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Area Manager: Northern DE, NJ and MD
Android App ßeta Tester

Post by mishterhaz
I thought right after the US-40 exit, SR-1 gets three lanes--the left most eventually for Exit 156? Haven't driven by in a little while, so if it's changed I apologize!
mishterhaz
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Area Manager: Northern DE, NJ and MD
Android App ßeta Tester

Post by Poncewattle
Just a note, there is no exit only lane in this area. SR-1 in this area is only two lanes and all two lanes continue on and carry through. After it merges with US-13 the far most right lane eventually ends.

This isn't certainly an issue I'm looking to argue about but if that is the reason for your opinion, just thought you'd like to know that there was some changes a while back to how the lanes were configured in that area and thought you'd like to know.
Poncewattle  
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Poncewattle
It most definitely should be three lanes. But it's two for sure. It used to drop to ONE right after the split at exit 156 which was REALLY insane. They extended the two all the way down to the merge with 13 at least, which helped.
Poncewattle  
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message