Wilmington: Adams and Delaware

Post by voludu2
I see a couple of URs around the intersection of Adams and Delaware in Wilmington.
It looks to me like the left lane is further from the straight-through lane than satellite shows.

Is this true? Do wazers need an earlier warning to get into the left turn lane?

I'm waiting for feedback from the UR reporters.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... st=4080857
voludu2

POSTER_ID:16966196

Send a message

Post by Poncewattle
Very familiar with that area. Sat pic is accurate, been no changes in that area recently.

There is no straight through lane there. Two left lanes turn left, right lane turns right.
Poncewattle
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Poncewattle
I think it's fine... especially since there's nothing else to do except turn left or right there.

... BUT.... I'm more concerned about further up that person's route.... they got a turn right on Delaware Avenue. I think that should be a keep right instruction there instead. Especially since turn right there is a turn onto Van Buren. What do you think?
Poncewattle
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Poncewattle
Excellent. I didn't even think of BC.

Most definitely BC onto Delaware Avenue does NOT make sense. So #1 is def out. SR 52 is Delaware Avenue up to that point and then continues north up PA Avenue. The main artery follows SR-52, not the named Delaware Avenue. Also two of the 4 lanes follow that path.

Considering that there's 4 lanes of through traffic all the way from King Street and BC only involves the left most 2 lanes, I think having an advanced instruction like "in 1000 feet keep left" is a good thing, so I'd recommend option 2.
Poncewattle
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Is "keep left" needed back at 11th street or halfway between 11th and Delaware, or do you think the instructions area actually OK here?
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
I think I was looking for problems BEFORE the report dropped.

The interesting thing is there are no URs complaining about confusing directions AFTER the intersection.

Currently, with the 46 degree angle, westbound you've got BC Delaware -> Pennsylvania.
If you reduce the angle < 46, you can have a BC Delaware -> Delaware.

Now we have a choice.
1) BC Delaware -> Delaware, keep left to Pennsylvania
2) Keep right to delaware, keep left to Pennsylvania
3) BC Pennsylvania (as it is now), keep right to Pennsylvania

The street sign (small green slight left hanging from the stop light) favor 1). The street views almost look like 3). Case 2) might be least confusing.

If you're familiar -- which do you think would be most natural set of instructions there?
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
That's a standard wayfinder scenario. I'll look at it tomorrow if you don't jump on it first.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
I made the change at https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=84426458

I'll test after the next tile update.

I've left Adams and Delaware alone as there doesn't seem to be any difficulty at that intersection and we haven't heard back from the UR reporters. Once I'm happy with this wayfinder, I'll close out the URs and put in a lock request to protect the wayfinder.
voludu2
Send a message