Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Why is Waze not using a "house number" tag?

Post by SanzClew
UR reports that they plugged in a location which I presumed to be 21 Atwells or the Hilton Providence. So I called that up and the marker was dropped around the corner behind the building. Zooming in shows that the "house number" attached to the hotel is perfectly placed and the spot around the corner is attached to a different road segment.

Is this anything we have control over?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=64571348
SanzClew  
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 1

POSTER_ID:16951948

Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
House numbers on Waze aren't used if the address is from the import and not touched by an editor. All you need to do is move it enough and save. Then you need to adjust the road it is on enough to save and it will show you as last editor to that segment. It will cause a tile update and Waze will use this address marker as long as Google has the street named the same with the same city.

Then you can tell the reporter that they need to clear their old search or saved favorite from their phone. Old results will continue to give bad routing.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
It can be. Solved one by me by putting city name in Alt field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by GooberKing
Is that true, though? I was seeing URs for bad directions to the Richmond Airport in VA and moved the house marker and updated the street with the city name, but I'm still seeing people get wrong directions because the Google Maps marker for the airport is out in the middle of the runway (and they refuse to move it). Is there something else I need to do?
GooberKing
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by kodi75
I did not know "same city" name as Google was critical. Good to know.
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SanzClew
Separate issue. The Goolgle marker was correct in this situation. Waze had house numbers in effect but the Waze marker was off.

Your VA issue pertains to 3rd party GPS markers the searches based off of them. We have no control over them directly.
SanzClew  
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message