Hello

Post by timlinden
Hey

I just discovered Waze and am having fun using it. I've found a few quirks with a few drives and reported the map problem. Once I've figured this stuff out I'll help in fixing them myself. I tried on a simple one but am not sure if I fixed it properly. So I'll leave the complicated stuff up to someone else LOL

Tim
timlinden

POSTER_ID:16303985

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
I'm the Senior Area Manager for CT (as well as a USA Country Manager), and have sort of adopted RI as well - If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me directly via PM (link at right).
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
ssquire_w wrote:Aloha,

I'm 'new to the club' too. I've been trying to handle UR (that is update requests, right) I see, but most of them seem to be null. Nice to 'meet' you!
Null just means that the user didn't put in a description when they made the report. Check out the traces (Drive & Route) and the street view to see if there is something obvious they are reporting.

Also, I've had to clean up several of your edits by Naval Station Newport, please read the parts of the wiki linked to in my signature - Except read Rhode Island instead of Connecticut.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by ssquire_w
Aloha,

I'm 'new to the club' too. I've been trying to handle UR (that is update requests, right) I see, but most of them seem to be null. Nice to 'meet' you!
ssquire_w
Send a message

Post by ssquire_w
Yes, I have read that and have been reading more and more of the wikis as I go. I just updated a lot of them based on the wiki for military installations and brought it into compliance. One thing I've had to continue to update is porter ave., the imagery is out of date. Also what looks like parking lot roads coming off it are major through ways for the NW part of the island.
ssquire_w
Send a message

Post by timlinden
Thanks!

I'm working on some side streets now. This morning it had me routed really weird. Looking at the map now it seems to think a lot of the side streets are one way. Those are easy to fix. I think I'm getting how it all works now. I'll send my Q's to you!
timlinden
Send a message