Post by subs5
BKincer540 wrote:I'm a new editor! Just wanted to make myself known to you guys!
Welcome.
Great to have you. Sent a PM with some good starting points. Feel free to ask any questions.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by subs5
KirkisOZ wrote:New editor, sent in a form. Interested in the rural areas between Staunton, Waynesboro, Stuarts Draft, Charlottesville and Lynchburg. Lots of interesting map and routing issues here.

Welcome, Glad to have you. When you get a chance check your Waze inbox, sent you a welcome message with some helpful links. V/r subs5
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
SWO_it wrote:Team,
How do I go about garnering the requisite privileges to make such edits? I really want Waze to be my primary navigation product, as I am sure many of you do as well, but if I have to search a place in another mapping product and copy the address to Waze because the places don't exist in Waze, that makes it less viable. Any help is appreciated. Glad to help make my little corner of the map usable!
Hi, I sent you a PM explaining some thing for basic editors and an invite to the Mid-Atlantic Region's Discord channel.

Very easy to ask for unlocks in Discord. You also need to have it in the system by driving in the area within the last 90 days (and Waze registered it to your account.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SWO_it
Team,

I am new to editing on the Waze platform in VIrginia Beach, but not to map editing in general, having 12+ years on other platforms. Honestly, I am a bit frustrated as I have attempted several pretty basic edits and am getting messages for "You do not have permission to make some of the changes." Things such as adding my local park, new road, houses, etc.. IMHO, these are pretty basic and should be allowed, but then again, I added a details for a good portion of a couple rural West Virginia counties to Google Maps when working the 2010 census, so my perception may be skewed.

How do I go about garnering the requisite privileges to make such edits? I really want Waze to be my primary navigation product, as I am sure many of you do as well, but if I have to search a place in another mapping product and copy the address to Waze because the places don't exist in Waze, that makes it less viable. Any help is appreciated. Glad to help make my little corner of the map usable!
SWO_it
Send a message