VA New Editor Contact Form

Moderators: delilush, ply8808, nzahn1, stephenr1966, ct13

Re: VA New Editor Contact Form

Postby mrcheesete0 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:59 pm

New Editor in Hampton Roads VA. I really want to work on fixing up a lot of the stuff on the bases around here (am active duty navy). I can contribute working-hours time to doing anything on Naval Station Norfolk, as I get a large chunk of working-hours out of the office with the caveat that I must stay on/near base. Would love someone to help me learn the curves
mrcheesete0
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1

Postby SWO_it » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:08 am

Team,

I am new to editing on the Waze platform in VIrginia Beach, but not to map editing in general, having 12+ years on other platforms. Honestly, I am a bit frustrated as I have attempted several pretty basic edits and am getting messages for "You do not have permission to make some of the changes." Things such as adding my local park, new road, houses, etc.. IMHO, these are pretty basic and should be allowed, but then again, I added a details for a good portion of a couple rural West Virginia counties to Google Maps when working the 2010 census, so my perception may be skewed.

How do I go about garnering the requisite privileges to make such edits? I really want Waze to be my primary navigation product, as I am sure many of you do as well, but if I have to search a place in another mapping product and copy the address to Waze because the places don't exist in Waze, that makes it less viable. Any help is appreciated. Glad to help make my little corner of the map usable!
SWO_it

Postby subs5 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:52 am

SWO_it wrote:Team,
How do I go about garnering the requisite privileges to make such edits? I really want Waze to be my primary navigation product, as I am sure many of you do as well, but if I have to search a place in another mapping product and copy the address to Waze because the places don't exist in Waze, that makes it less viable. Any help is appreciated. Glad to help make my little corner of the map usable!

Hi, I sent you a PM explaining some thing for basic editors and an invite to the Mid-Atlantic Region's Discord channel.

Very easy to ask for unlocks in Discord. You also need to have it in the system by driving in the area within the last 90 days (and Waze registered it to your account.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby MrNicGuy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:03 pm

Welcome SWO_it,

As subs5 stated, please join us on Discord. We are happy to help.
I am local to Virginia Beach as well, so if there are a lot of missing information, please bring it to my attention as we consider Hampton Roads to be pretty mature in Waze.

Thanks
MrNicGuy
State Manager
State Manager

Previous

Return to Virginia