Unlock/Update Requests for VA

Moderators: delilush, ply8808, nzahn1, stephenr1966, ct13

Re: Unlock/Update Requests for VA

Postby DelbertMatlock » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:08 pm

subs5 wrote:Feel free to move around as you think that they are to match, added the Colshire Meadow based on the Fairfax County website, left it at L1 for you.
Using the PR and TBSR is fine, you don't have to also add the red turn restrictions. The TBSR and PR prevent routing and are easier to see when things need to be opened up after finished construction.

Followed your recommendation on the restrictions for the existing stubs that are in the construction zone.

I'm not sure how best to represent the road a it stands now vs. where the construction is going to place it.

See the attached drawing. The line in red is the approximate route that the road is going to follow. It will pickup the existing service road N/W of MITRE 4 and the N/W of the new apartment building. Also note the blue line which is the realignment happening for Colshire Dr. Both the intersections for Colshire Meadow Dr where it crosses Colshire Dr and where it ends at Anderson Rd (turning into Chain Bridge Rd) are going to move.

Does it make sense to wait until the realignment is closer to going final and then remove the existing service roads along with moving Colshire Meadow Dr to its final alignment? My original plan was to just connect the service road stubs together and call them Colshire Meadow Dr. The intersections could then be moved when that part of the realignment is closer to taking effect.
Attachments
Colshire Meadow Dr route.JPG
(194.22 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
DelbertMatlock

Postby subs5 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:38 pm

ok I would just attache the stub by MItre 4 up to the one on the west side of Kingston at McLean Crossing.
that way any traffic data will be captured.

Moving the intersection at Colshire Dr & Colshire Meadow Dr in the future is fine since it is currently mapped as the road is routing people.

Thanks

btw consider joining us on Discord, it might make this a little faster and easier than forum posts.

MAR Discord Server post and form.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby DelbertMatlock » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:52 pm

subs5 wrote:ok I would just attache the stub by MItre 4 up to the one on the west side of Kingston at McLean Crossing.
that way any traffic data will be captured.

Moving the intersection at Colshire Dr & Colshire Meadow Dr in the future is fine since it is currently mapped as the road is routing people.

Thanks

btw consider joining us on Discord, it might make this a little faster and easier than forum posts.

MAR Discord Server post and form.

Done. Thanks.

I'll take a look at Discord. Have been trying to limit how involved I get, but it may help to keep me from cluttering up the forum too much.
DelbertMatlock

Postby DelbertMatlock » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:09 pm

OK, next project -- Jones Branch Connector.

https://www.waze.com/editor?env=usa&lon ... 4,84294316

http://www.virginiadot.org/projects/nor ... nector.asp

Note that the GPS plots are following the plan. The existing traffic circle needs to be removed and the roads reworked for that area. Being that it requires level 2 to remove segments I'll have to leave this one to someone else.
Attachments
Jones Branch Plan.JPG
(22.52 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Jones Branch GPS.JPG
(165.57 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
DelbertMatlock

Postby subs5 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:51 pm

DelbertMatlock wrote:
Note that the GPS plots are following the plan. The existing traffic circle needs to be removed and the roads reworked for that area. Being that it requires level 2 to remove segments I'll have to leave this one to someone else.

thanks updated. Take a look and see if it matches what you see as BOTG.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby wazziee » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:13 pm

Request to Change Speed.

The base lowered the speed to 15mph in order to protect the integrity of the barriers. Its only a small section.

https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... 630.247187
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
(158.73 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
wazziee

Postby subs5 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:53 pm

Can you post the actual segments? Or I will try to swing by today or tomorrow. Thought we had the gate itself posted at 15 mph already. There can be a lag between actual speed limit transition location and it appearing on your phone screen based on GPS and mapping inaccuracies
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby wazziee » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:26 am

They added this additional limit for the vehicle barrier farther up the road. Its both inbound and outbound traffic. https://www.facebook.com/fortbelvoir/po ... 8953678288 Im new to the map editing bit so pardon my ignorance
wazziee

Postby subs5 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:22 pm

The inbound was driven on 14 Dec so that was updated. Based on the FB post, I updated the outbound, should hit the app tomorrow, but may take up to a week.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Previous

Return to Virginia