Unlock/Update Requests for VA

Moderators: delilush, ply8808, nzahn1, stephenr1966, ct13

Re: Unlock/Update Requests for VA

Postby SirGadwall » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:59 pm

Hi DelbertMatlock,

Lifted the restrictions on the segments referenced above. Thank you for staying on top of this and providing timely updates.
SirGadwall
State Manager
State Manager
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:05 pm
Location: Maryland, USA
Has thanked: 168 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Unlock/Update Requests for VA

Postby DelbertMatlock » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:01 pm

Out of curiosity, why the level 2 lock on Birdwood when most of the streets in that area are level 1?
DelbertMatlock
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:05 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Unlock/Update Requests for VA

Postby ldriveskier » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:05 pm

DelbertMatlock wrote:Out of curiosity, why the level 2 lock on Birdwood when most of the streets in that area are level 1?


One way Street segments are locked to level 2 per the region's lock standards: https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/USA/Mid_Atlantic#Major_roads
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
USA LC/CM, MAR MSM, WV SM, NE OH LAM (resident of Ohio)
ldriveskier
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
 
Posts: 752
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:05 pm
Location: Northeast Ohio, United States
Has thanked: 1233 times
Been thanked: 931 times

Re: Unlock/Update Requests for VA

Postby SirGadwall » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:06 pm

Mid-Atlantic region standards is to lock one-way streets at Level 2.

https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Virginia#Locking

Also, if you want to make the changes yourself you can request the road lock be lowered temporarily to your editor rank and then locked back to the standard lock level when the changes are complete.

Also, we have an active Discord server where our editors can request locks like this as well. If you're interested in joining, you simply need to fill out this form and we'll get a link sent out to you: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... A/viewform
SirGadwall
State Manager
State Manager
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:05 pm
Location: Maryland, USA
Has thanked: 168 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Unlock/Update Requests for VA

Postby DelbertMatlock » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:23 am

From what I could tell while stopped at the light on Dolley Madison, the connection from Capital One Tower Rd to Capital One Drive is now open. The road had a clear path all the way through and the traffic light at the intersection was flashing red rather than covered.

https://www.waze.com/editor?env=usa&lon ... 591&zoom=8
DelbertMatlock
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:05 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Unlock/Update Requests for VA

Postby subs5 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:46 am

DelbertMatlock wrote:From what I could tell while stopped at the light on Dolley Madison, the connection from Capital One Tower Rd to Capital One Drive is now open. The road had a clear path all the way through and the traffic light at the intersection was flashing red rather than covered.

https://www.waze.com/editor?env=usa&lon ... 591&zoom=8



Are you saying that this segment is now a through road vice a parking lot road?

We already have Captial One Tower Rd connecting to Capital One Dr here. You go to the circle on the west side to go up to here.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
 
Posts: 1755
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:05 pm
Location: Virginia, USA
Has thanked: 581 times
Been thanked: 902 times

Re: Unlock/Update Requests for VA

Postby DelbertMatlock » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:33 pm

Yes. It now goes all the way through. The fence at the south end of the segment has been taken down and you can see all the way up the road to a traffic signal just in front of the tower.

subs5 wrote:
DelbertMatlock wrote:From what I could tell while stopped at the light on Dolley Madison, the connection from Capital One Tower Rd to Capital One Drive is now open. The road had a clear path all the way through and the traffic light at the intersection was flashing red rather than covered.

https://www.waze.com/editor?env=usa&lon ... 591&zoom=8



Are you saying that this segment is now a through road vice a parking lot road?

We already have Captial One Tower Rd connecting to Capital One Dr here. You go to the circle on the west side to go up to here.
DelbertMatlock
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:05 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Unlock/Update Requests for VA

Postby subs5 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:59 pm

We have it through as a parking lot road. Is it now changed to a regular road with the center lane divider?
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
 
Posts: 1755
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:05 pm
Location: Virginia, USA
Has thanked: 581 times
Been thanked: 902 times

Re: Unlock/Update Requests for VA

Postby DelbertMatlock » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:15 pm

subs5 wrote:We have it through as a parking lot road. Is it now changed to a regular road with the center lane divider?


I believe so. I didn't see the center line but it should be there. I can try and get a better look in the next day or two.

I drove through that road taking a slight detour on my way home. It is open, lined, and is no longer a parking lot. There is stop sign at the south end of the segment and a traffic light (currently on all-way flashing red) on the north end. I was able to update the map to upgrade the segment to a street and apply the name. What I can't do is remove the junction box with a now out of date comment.

https://www.waze.com/editor?env=usa&lon ... 6437.62495

If someone can get rid of this artifact then I think the road is good.
DelbertMatlock
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:05 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Unlock/Update Requests for VA

Postby DelbertMatlock » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:06 pm

New imagery is showing up in the map editor for the Tysons area. Birdwood avenue and the alley behind the Kingston need to be adjusted as they go a little farther back than they should. Being that Birdwood is one way, someone with level 2 will need to make the correction.

https://www.waze.com/editor?env=usa&lon ... ,512131658
DelbertMatlock
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:05 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Return to Virginia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users