URs on I-66 HOV, I-395 HOV, I-95/I-395 Express Lanes

Post by
Waze is getting close on the HOV and Express Lane testing

San Francisco and Israel have the first round of testing.

Northern Virginia will be part of the second round of testing.

So please do not change any HOV/Express Lane Segments or the regular ones that run parallel without coordinating with me (Subs5) first. Reason for this is staff wants to collect data and see the results even if it causes some errors for a bit.

Please post any URs in this forum topic so that we can collect them in one spot.

Post the date and time of the UR. Also post a PL and the verbiage of their report and/or answer.

If possible find out if they were private vehicle or taxi. Thanks.

POSTER_ID:16976950

Send a message

Post by crunchyfroggirl
Since Friday Sept. 8, Waze has been directing me to avoid the 95/395 express lanes going North in the mornings (between 7:15-8:00 am) even though they're open and running fine. It looks like Waze thinks they're running South, because when I use them, instead of acknowledging that I'm in the express lanes and recalculating the distance, it keeps telling me U-turn. I don't usually take them in the afternoon, so I don't know what the behavior is at that time.
crunchyfroggirl
Send a message

Post by crunchyfroggirl
Definitely did not have the "avoid toll roads" setting on, and while there may have been little difference on Friday, the express lane time savings would have been significant on Monday. Besides, in either case, once I was in the lanes it would usually update and recalculate, rather than constantly telling me to exit via what were currently entrance ramps.
crunchyfroggirl
Send a message

Post by crunchyfroggirl
It did not recalculate telling me to use the Express Lanes once it realized I was in them. Since Friday, if I take the Express Lanes going North in the morning, instead of recalculating, it constantly directs me to (illegally and dangerously) exit the Express Lanes via the ramps which are currently being used by traffic to enter the lanes.

The directions did not recommend getting on the Express Lanes further North. The lanes were not offered as an option at all, even in the alternate routes.
crunchyfroggirl
Send a message

Post by crunchyfroggirl
I get on at Horner Road--exit 158. It tells me to exit at every ramp after that--123, Lorton, etc, updating as I pass each one.
crunchyfroggirl
Send a message

Post by crunchyfroggirl
subs5 wrote:After you pass all of the southbound exits does it ask you to exit the Express Lanes up by Fairfax County Parkway and the I-495 area?
Yes, it keeps directing me to get off at every ramp until somewhere in Arlington--near the Pentagon, I think. Honestly, I'm ignoring it by then. I can take note and tell you more specifically tomorrow or Thursday if it's still behaving that way.
crunchyfroggirl
Send a message

Post by csgreenwald
Is there a way to tell the app that I am not qualified to take HOV? I drive alone. It keeps attempting to send me on roads/lanes restricted to high occupancy.
csgreenwald
Send a message

Post by cshupman
Monorojo13 wrote:As listed above I have noticed this issue with Waze since Friday. I am using release 4.29.0.2. I too have also sent in my log files. I have attempted this on 3 separate phones and tried to get it to recognize the EZ Pass lanes. It will not in either direction. I even tried arriving at my destination and setting up a route home to see if it was just set up in the wrong direction and it still will not recognize the EZ Pass lanes or give them as an option. I have toggled the avoid tolls on/off, forced a stop of the app and restarted to no avail. This has literally turned made Waze almost useless for me, as it doesn't allow for my normal routes to be plotted or recognized.
Exact same issues here, also wrote a note in the UR link provided by subs5 earlier in this thread.

As of this morning (8:00am 9/13/17), commute from Stafford VA to Washington DC still does not provide Express as an available route. This is not a time savings issue or an "Avoid Tolls" issue.
cshupman
Send a message

Post by ct13
UR

UR

UR

UR

UR

Do we have canned text for these responses or are you handling these case by case?
ct13
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message