URs on I-66 HOV, I-395 HOV, I-95/I-395 Express Lanes

Moderators: delilush, ply8808, nzahn1, stephenr1966, ct13

Re: URs on I-66 HOV, I-395 HOV, I-95/I-395 Express Lanes

Postby subs5 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:48 pm

You can turn the avoid toll roads on and off in the settings.

When you drive by yourself back home have avoid toll roads turned on. Then after you pass the I-66 entrances (last one on your route not just the first one by the office) turn it back to allow toll roads. It will automatically do a recalculation and offer Dulles Toll Road.

Going to work, have allow toll roads set. then once on the toll road should be able to select avoid toll roads. Worst case is select it at the end of the toll road.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby mysticcobra » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:50 am

I know this is an old thread. Is there any new feature or option coming that would make this easier so you don't have to toggle the "avoid toll roads" feature in the middle of every trip?

It would be nice if you could differentiate between the two types of roads. For example, when I am towing a trailer, I can drive on 267/DTR but I cannot drive on the Express Lanes. Is there a tractor trailer or "towing a trailer" option coming for car types?
Jimmy
Samsung Galaxy S6-Android 7.0, Waze 4.50.1.1
Northern VA
mysticcobra

Postby subs5 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:56 am

mysticcobra wrote:I know this is an old thread. Is there any new feature or option coming that would make this easier so you don't have to toggle the "avoid toll roads" feature in the middle of every trip?

It would be nice if you could differentiate between the two types of roads. For example, when I am towing a trailer, I can drive on 267/DTR but I cannot drive on the Express Lanes. Is there a tractor trailer or "towing a trailer" option coming for car types?

Unfortunately there is not a "towing a trailer" option in the settings. Currently there is just private vehicle, taxi, motorcycle, and electric.

Here are some options for you to consider:
1) Select ROUTES and it should show (up to) the three fastest routes. There is always one non-toll road available if one exists.
2) Select EZPassFlex as a transponder and then select avoid toll roads. This will show the Express Lanes but only as a HOV option (you have to select the HOV-2+ for I-66 or HOV-3+ for I-409/95/395. But you will have the nontoll route as the initial one. I do note that you will also avoid the other toll roads like the Dulles Toll Road or the ones in Richmond. But if just traveling up here you will see the difference in the time estimate for the Express Lanes and the nonExpress Lane routes.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Previous

Return to Virginia