Address Help in Tappahannock, VA

Moderators: delilush, ply8808, nzahn1, stephenr1966, ct13

Address Help in Tappahannock, VA

Postby AndyPoms » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:56 am

A user created a UR in Darien, CT about having destination issues in Tappahannock, VA
I have deleted address from my history problem reported twice before. When I type in 278 W Gwynnfield Road, Tappahannock, Va. it directs me to E Gwynnfield Road. The map correctly has East and West Gwynnfield Road but your app still directs you incorrectly

I'm pretty sure that THIS is the area in question - I did a search for the address and search changed the address from "W" to "E". I think there is a couple of issues at play here, but would prefer a local to take care of it.

1. The RPP has no street or city assigned to it (but does have the house number)
  2. The Alt-Name that includes the town name is missing the "w" in "Gwynnfield" (making it "Gynnfield")
  3. Also I noticed that there are many segments in that are that are listed as being in "Maryland" (the ones I noticed were all either private roads or off road/not maintained.
Thanks,
[ img ]
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Re: Address Help in Tappahannock, VA

Postby subs5 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:34 pm

Thanks will take a look and let you and the reporter know when it is fixed.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby subs5 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:45 pm

Ok the HN has been there since beginning of Dec at least with the correct address and the city as the alt name (USPS postal city name rules). It worked for me in the app, back in Dec.
Added the other information to the RPP so between the HN and RPP it should work for them. Left a comment in their UR. Wonder if they followed the original advice to remove from history and the home/work/favorite too?
Resubmitted a change to Google Maps since that wasn't approved since Dec either.

Did go into detail in UR about how to use the more results for to get the Places tabs. Which should take them to the HN.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby AndyPoms » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:56 pm

I think that HN may still be an issue because the alt-name is misspelled.... I'm just not sure if it needs to be corrected (to "Gwynnfield") or if it needs to have TWO alts ("Gwynnfield" and "Gynnfield").
[ img ]
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby LennyNRPD » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:40 am

AndyPoms wrote:I think that HN may still be an issue because the alt-name is misspelled.... I'm just not sure if it needs to be corrected (to "Gwynnfield") or if it needs to have TWO alts ("Gwynnfield" and "Gynnfield").

Andy have you retried the route yet? Since our changes it seems to be routing fine now. Let us know.
LennyNRPD
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Return to Virginia