W&OD Bike Trail missing?

Post by j2brown
I can't find any of the bike trail west of Ashburn. The segment under Belmont Ridge Rd is the last segment I could find.

Heading Eastbound it appears to disappear around the Fairfax County Pkwy crossing. It reappears at Hunter Mill and continues all the way to the end in Arlington.

Was it removed on purpose? If not, should it be re-added?

jeff
sdg
j2brown
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:6249446

Send a message
Area manager for Sterling, VA
OG Wazer, trying to keep up.

Post by j2brown
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Sounds like for the moment it's best to make no changes (pending a future change on the back end).
j2brown
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by j2brown
If I were more active I certainly would, but realistically that would turn into yet another thing that I end up mostly ignoring.

I think my peak time as a Waze editor has passed. I'm still active in my small local area, but am otherwise falling behind. I feel like a need an acronym table when I visit forums these days. I'm quickly heading toward being that editor that yells at you kids to keep off my lawn. ;)

I appreciate the invitation (or gentle reminder, perhaps), and if I ever find myself putting more time into Waze I'll certainly make a point to get plugged in properly.

jeff
sdg
j2brown
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by LennyNRPD
Hi Jeff,

Have you considered joining us in the Discord program for all of us editors to chat in? It would be nice to see you in there with us since you're L5 and an AM for VA :)

Here is the Permalink to join
LennyNRPD
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SirGadwall
Hi j2brown,

If you remember it being there, it likely was removed. We had a discussion recently in the MAR forum regarding mapping of pedestrian paths/walking trails etc. here viewtopic.php?f=946&t=250218

I believe the concern is Waze is an app for vehicular traffic and there are many pitfalls with leaving unneeded ones. See Nzahn's post for when he feels they are warranted
SirGadwall
Send a message