Traffic Cameras

Moderators: delilush, ply8808, nzahn1, stephenr1966, ct13

Traffic Cameras

Postby SeanBushmills » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:04 am

Unless the law has changed and I don’t know about it (unlikely), speed cameras are not authorized in Virginia. That hasn’t stopped someone from regularly reporting one on US-15 just south of the Maryland line. This wouldn’t even be an issue if it wasn’t for the fact this is a very heavily travelled 2-lane highway and the mere thought of a speed camera causes motorists to slow down well below the speed limit in this area, exacerbating back-ups in already nearly gridlocked traffic. Me suspects someone is playing games. Is there a way to get Waze to disable the ability to report speed cameras in localities where they obviously cannot exist?
SeanBushmills

Re: Traffic Cameras

Postby bart99gt » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:25 pm

I'll make sure the Virginia SM and Regional Coordinator for this area sees this. I see them in the editor. Previously higher level editors had to give them the OK, but it looks like this user was allowed to do this without moderation.
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM
bart99gt

Re: Traffic Cameras

Postby subs5 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:50 pm

Since the speed cameras have been removed, it appears that this posting is completed. If so can SeanBushmills put a green checkmark by the title? Thanks.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Return to Virginia