Jefferson Davis Highway Alexandria

Post by ElenaHutchison
Hi there - hoping I've found the right place for this... As of January 1 2019, Jefferson Davis Highway in Alexandria VA has been renamed to Richmond Highway. Zip code for this change is 22301 and it impacts all portions of the road in Alexandria, VA (Arlington VA still retains the old name)

I live in the neighborhood and all of the new signage went up this morning, which prompted my post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/vi ... 3caf9b2272
ElenaHutchison

POSTER_ID:17623579

Send a message

Post by ElenaHutchison
Yes they changed the signs this morning. Here's a photo at Richmond Highway and Custis:
ElenaHutchison
Send a message
Attachments

Post by ElenaHutchison
It looks like the business street address edits made it into my version of the app, but the map itself is still showing Jefferson Davis Highway rather than Richmond Highway, and individual home street addresses still only map under the old name.

For example, there's a house at 2311 Jefferson Davis Highway, but typing 2311 Richmond Highway maps to somewhere south of 495, not to the now-correct location inside the beltway. Ideally either 2311 Jefferson Davis Highway or 2311 Richmond Highway would map to that location for the near future - right now only the old name does.

Thank you for your help!
ElenaHutchison
Send a message

Post by subs5
Thanks, yes. This is the correct spot. Have they changed the signs yet? We can have it as an alternate name till the signs are changed otherwise it confuses drivers.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by subs5
Ok thanks,
The name change should show up on the tile update for 1/1/2019. So early 1/2/19 at the earliest or it can take up to a week in rare circumstances

Will keep Jefferson Davis Hwy as an alternate name since people will probably use that for a while till all the businesses change their address on websites etc. This way people are still routed properly to the correct location on Richmond Hwy. Thank you.

Once you are satisfied with the response, please mark the title of the post with a green check mark.

In the process of changing all the point and area places for businesses to Richmond Hwy.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
Yes the places update fairly quickly. The road segments require a Tile Updat. This morning they pushed all edits made before 11 am EDT on 30 Dec 2018.
If you go to www.waze.com/editor and on the bottom left is a “Status” Link. When the NA server shows updated to 1Jan 2019, then the new Richmond Hwy will show and all house numbers will work.

Unfortunately the tile update is beyond the editors’ control.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message