Pet Peeve - Blue Ridge Parkway!!

Moderators: delilush, ply8808, nzahn1, stephenr1966, ct13

Pet Peeve - Blue Ridge Parkway!!

Postby joystickkhan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:43 am

I've only made a cursory browse of the map editing, so maybe someone can help me out. Is there any way to restrict travel / routing on the Blue Ridge Parkway at certain times of the year? I ask because if there is any snowfall the road is automatically closed and through much of S/W Virginia down to NC the road is given priority over other / local routes. Nothing is quite so infuriating as realizing that Waze has chosen the BRPW for every travel option to destinations in SW Virginia and finding most of the segments closed and having to back track or manually re-route (which is cumbersome in the best cases and impossible in many) using the in-app tools and options.
Last edited by joystickkhan on Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joystickkhan

Re: Pet Peeve - Blue Ridge Parkway!!

Postby turbomkt » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:50 pm

Hopefully someone can move this post from Kazakhstan to the right forum in the US section...
turbomkt
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby iainhouse » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:35 pm

Moved to US Mid Atlantic > Virginia. Hope that's the best place. :D
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Postby subs5 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:09 pm

The BRP is the only access to many areas. The Waze editors in Virginia and North Carolina use the National Park Service's website for what is open and closed. Once there is a change there is a channel that editors post in so the other State can see if any changes affect their area.
Even when they are updating it, there are pencil comments on Real Time Closures and URs that state it is open. Unfortunately w/o further information as to where it is open from and to it is hard to update the map. Especially when the openness is really only open for local traffic only and not through since it is the only way for someone to get out and about in a 4x4 or driving slowly to get food vice someone transiting the region.
More than happy to have a local source to reach out and provide further information.
Btw the Government shutdown over Dec/Jan didn't help since the website was posted as no longer posting the status of open/closed for that recent 35 day period.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby subs5 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:16 pm

I also sent the original poster a PM about how to join the Mid-Atlantic Discord server so he can post if the BRP is closing if the editors haven't already added the Real Time Closures (RTC). So more than willing to help post the red and white candy stripes of an RTC if we know about it.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Return to Virginia