Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Map Edited Still no Navigation

Post by WayserOne
Hi, I edited the map a few weeks ago to include some roads that now exist that weren't in Waze. They show up on the map in the browser and on my Android phone, however if I navigate to something that would clearly use that route it never routes the way of the new roads, it always goes the much longer way and bypasses the new edits. There are also a few blue dots on the road, and each time I drive by the car turns into a Pacman type thing and eats them, but they never completely disappear. Ideas how to fix this?

The address to see this new road is: 32 Inspiration Drive, Scarborough, ME, United States

and the road is Federal Way between Classical Lane and Eastern Road.
WayserOne

POSTER_ID:17456469

Send a message

Post by jm6087
Thanks for posting this. There were several issues that was preventing routing. There were several Red Arrows and most of the roads were not actually connected.

I have fixed the issues.

I also noticed that portion of Classical appeared to be set as one way in error. I have fixed that as well.

This segment still shows as one way, which I believe is in error but was wondering if you could confirm it for me.
https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor/?env= ... =507787913
You can convert it to 2 way, if you do make sure that the turn arrows on both ends are green.

I have also added these 2 roads. If you can add the street names it would be great.

Thanks for you help

EDIT:

I noticed you also converted Vista Dr to a Pedestrian Path. Is this no longer a normal road for cars to drive down? If not it needs to be removed, we don't generally map walking trails because they could inadvertently be offered in a route.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Thanks, if everything looks correct to you now then can you mark this thread as solved.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Also, I would recommend you check out the Maine Wazeopedia for information on editing in Maine
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Maine

Here are a couple other useful links to help with future editing.
Welcome to editing
Edits to avoid
Glossary
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by WayserOne
That road segment is in fact one way so I left it as one way on that small section.

I added the two street names as well.

I remove the walking path, it's not accessible by car, not sure why someone had marked it as a road in the first place, unless you own a tank it's not really usable.
WayserOne
Send a message