Address Search Issue - Falmouth, Maine

Post by CFB_V
Good morning!

First time Level 1 poster here, so apologies if I am not 100% compliant with posting rules or info needed to resolve. I actually have an issue with the search function, and was hoping that somebody could help. The problem occurs when searching 112 Foreside Rd, Falmouth, ME.

1. I searched this in the Waze app (apple iphone 7)
2. I have tried both the auto-complete and selecting the address after typing the complete address. Both have the same result.
3. I have tried this multiple times, dates, and locations. Most importantly, I have searched from my home at 112 Foreside Rd in Falmouth, ME (images attached)
4. You can see from the screenshots that although the selection says 112 Foreside Rd in Falmouth (the location I was when conducting the search) the distance indicator says 2.2 miles away. The second screenshot shows when I clicked through how the Cumberland address shows up.
5. Exact search shown in screenshot below: “112 Foreside Rd, Falmouth, ME”
6. When I searched "112 Foreside Rd, Falmouth, ME" in the online map editor, the correct address came up (permalink below).

https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... 463&zoom=3

Ultimately would like the search function to pull up the address correctly.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Charlie
Search 1.jpg
(134.62 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Search 2.jpg
(69.13 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
CFB_V

POSTER_ID:17626954

Send a message

Post by CFB_V
Hi Robert,

Thanks very much for the reply, and sorry for the delay (I've been traveling for the past 10 days). Interestingly enough, when I search and click through, I am still routed to the 112 Foreside Rd in Cumberland address. Since you are running a beta version might this be resolved with the next update???

I also find it interesting, that when searching the '112' is bold and on the top line, while Foreside Rd and Falmouth are both on the smaller subscript line (this appears consistent in both your search and mine). For all of my other searches the full street address (house number and street name) are typically displayed in bold on the top line. Could this have anything to do with the issue?

I also checked my neighbors (114, 110 and 113 Foreside Rd, Falmouth. 114 and 110 point to the right location in Falmouth, and 113 points to Cumberland. All three of these show the number on the top line and street name/town on the bottom line. Interestingly, 115 and 111 Foreside Rd both show the full street address on the top line and also points to the right location in Falmouth).

Thanks again for the help - really appreciate it.

Charlie
CFB_V
Send a message

Post by CFB_V
Okay, one more wrinkle in this.

On a hunch, after searching "112 Foreside Rd, Falmouth, ME" instead of clicking on the search results, I clicked through "More Results for 112 Foreside Rd, Falmouth, ME" and the following screen came up:
IMG_4509.pdf
(78.5 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
When I clicked through the first option, the correct address (Street # and Name on the top line) and the correct location showed up!
IMG_4510.pdf
(39.02 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Any idea what would cause the native search to produce a link to the wrong location when the "More Results" points to the correct location? I'm still having the same issue when I click through the natural search option (see below). In fact, you can see the discrepancy in distance in the screen shot below because I used the "More Results" address to set as home/favorite.
IMG_4511.PNG
(231.25 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
Thanks again for the help!

Charlie
CFB_V
Send a message

Post by Robert04101
Hmm, hmm.

Thanks for flagging this issue. Here's what I saw when I tried the same search (I run the beta version of Waze, FWIW):
IMG_2002.PNG
Search screen
(129.38 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
IMG_2003.PNG
Search result
(169.29 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
which appears to be in the right place.
I've added a Residential Place Point for your address and explicitly marked house numbers on this stretch of Foreside Rd, which should help. Please try your search again in a couple of days--don't use a saved result or a result from history, which will not update with map changes.
Robert04101
Send a message