Waze says our house is in the wrong place

Post by c266102e19da452b9ad02a3a655b15cd
Hi,
I'm not sure how to fix this, but our house location is showing in our woods and not our actual house. Today we got a delivery and the delivery driver had to trek through the woods just to say he delivered our package. How can it be fixed to have the marker moved to the correct spot?
Thanks!
Lauren
c266102e19da452b9ad02a3a655b15cd

POSTER_ID:17905035

Send a message
Attachments

Post by Inactive user -1649923503-
Thank you. This appears to have been corrected by JayWazin.

You can see the updated address here.

Please note you will need to delete any saved/favorite search results prior to navigating there next time.
Inactive user -1649923503-
Send a message
-John
-------
https://j.mp/1BqcgbWhttps://s.waze.tools/c5.png
VT - State Manager
New England - Multi State Manager

Post by c266102e19da452b9ad02a3a655b15cd
Thank you! I am now seeing it on my computer in the correct spot. I also sent a request to google. Appreciate your help!
c266102e19da452b9ad02a3a655b15cd
Send a message

Post by jaywazin
Hello, and thank you for the feedback.

We have added a place marker in Waze for 33 Parker Rd. Search for this address is correct if I test right now from my device. You can search for the address again to confirm correct location, but we'd advise that you deleting your search history for this address as it would otherwise be cached from prior search attempt and may give incorrect result!

The wrong location was likely because Waze sources from Google if the place marker has not been entered into waze. Your house number had not been previously entered. Because the google pin was in the center of your property, rather than on the house, routing may have gone to an adjacent road. I've also submitted a Google pin location revision request to update this in Google Maps, which looks like it's been accepted by the gmaps system.
jaywazin
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by jaywazin
Thank you Patrik-20 for the information and notes about HN editing.

I believe the the original poster was just asking that the HNs be attached to their property which has been completed in the editor.
jaywazin
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by Patrik-20
The house numbers interface cannot be activated when there are unsaved edits.
House numbers are editable only at the 100m/200ft zoom level and lower.
House numbers cannot be added to segments without a name.
House numbers are not searchable unless there is a city name on the segment (Primary or Alternate). This is true whether the house number is an import or added/adjusted by an editor.
House numbers will direct the user to the location of the HN's anchor point on the named road segment.
A segment cannot have its street name removed if there are house numbers attached to it.
An individual segment cannot have its primary city name removed if there are house numbers attached to it. Selecting two (or more) segments with different street names will allow the primary city name set to "none", but all segments selected must have the primary street name changed to the same name. Therefore be sure to go back and fix any improperly changed street name if this method is used.
House numbers can contain numbers and letters, but cannot start with a letter.
Patrik-20
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message