New Orleans traffic cameras

Post by shmolague
I am not an editor but I have been using the app for very long time. I have noticed at least 10 new traffic cameras in New Orleans that have not been added to the app. They have been installed within the last 3 months. Is there anything I can do expedite this process? Thank you for your responses in advance.
shmolague

POSTER_ID:17510868

Send a message

Post by bz2012
One of the New Orleans editors is working on that problem now.
Please realize that not all 'traffic cameras' are to be shown on Waze maps.
Only those involved in enforcement (red light cameras and speed cameras) that can cause traffic tickets to be issued are mapped.
There are many other kinds of cameras (those that control traffic lights and those that show LaDOTD the traffic conditions) that are NOT to be mapped.

If you are physically at the correct location, you can report a 'map problem', stating that there is a camera there that needs to be added.
You even get points when you do this.
Thanks for helping to make the Waze map better for everyone.
You can become a volunteer map editor like me.
You can edit anywhere you've driven. Use your web browser and go to https://www.waze.com/editor
We sure could use your help.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by sketch
Are any of them permanent cameras?

I was tracking when they added 55 new camera locations a few months ago, and I even wrote them all down so I could scout them myself—but then I heard that they would be served by 10 rotating mobile speed cameras, and I have yet to see a permanent camera fixture in any of those locations.

If you've seen some, though, please let me know and I will add them.

For the mobile cameras, the best you can do is report them as police. I don't think most users would be happy with being alerted every time they pass one of the ≥45 of 55 spots that aren't being monitored at that moment.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!