Mississippi Wiki update

Post by bart99gt
All,

I'm the process of migrating the Mississippi Wiki page over to the new format, found here:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Mississippi/Test

I will confess to not being the most skilled at updating things like this, but so far I'm managing to get some of our state specific (which is very little) information added to the page. About the only notable additions to the standard state template are a comment about dirt roads, driveways/private roads, and red light cameras. I will be moving our FC and state lock level guidelines over there shortly.

What I do need is if you have county specific GIS/map information available (outside of the MDOT links we use already) please provide the links so I can add it to the wiki page.

If anyone has any suggestions, also, please let me know.

Thanks!
bart99gt

POSTER_ID:15164168

Send a message
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM

Post by bart99gt
I can't find any specific copyright info on their site, though if you click through to the individual county sites there is a disclaimer about the information being provided as a public benefit.

I would say that their *customer* are the counties using them as their mapping source, and they have a license to allow the public to use it free of charge. Now, if that permits us to use it for our mapping purposes, I'm not sure.
bart99gt
Send a message
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM

Post by CrackedLCD
One source I've used in the past is Tri-State Consulting maps, they seem to be the go-to link for maps on some city/county websites. I dunno if it runs afoul of any of Waze's rules on commercial map data, though. I found their maps of LeFlore and Grenada to be more accurate than the ones through the Mississippi GIS portal.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by jlspence99
Thanks for doing this. :)
jlspence99
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by jlspence99
I helping to move the Arkansas wiki over to the new template and update the content (since the old one is useless). On the Mapping Resources page I've added specific mentions of the WME Tools and Scripts and Dwarflord's boilerplate responses for most common URs. Sure, on the former if you dig deep enough in the editing manual you'll eventually get there (maybe) but for new editors that find their way to the state wiki it's a help.

Also I seem to recall discussion on standard times/guideline times for responding to URs and closing URs. I think that would be good to capture on the wiki.

Do you envision a segment lock level guideline being worthwhile? I added one to the Arkansas wiki. Didn't call it a standard or minimum because Arkansas doesn't really have editor coverage to implement it.
jlspence99
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message